Should i buy a new or used air arms pro sport?

I was considering the same thing a few months ago but never saw a used one come up. I guess it depends on how patient you are, I wasn't very patient and ordered a new walnut prosport from PA. The price is ridiculous but it isn't getting any cheaper..lol.
Never considered the warranty, as I completely disassembled mine within a week or so. I'm using the full power spring with custom guides I made and different lube. After getting used to it I can cock mine for a 100 shots no problem. I may try a softer JM spring at some point, but for now I like it as is, and plenty accurate.
If you can save several hundred dollars on a nice used one, I would say go for it.
Is the underlever of the Pro sport durable? I read somewhere on one of the forums that the underlever became loose and is filmsy.

Reactions: bustachip
Is the underlever of the Pro sport durable? I read somewhere on one of the forums that the underlever became loose and is filmsy.
So far I haven't had any problems with mine. It attaches to the compression tube with one screw, and this screw should be tight and "lock tight" used on it. the rest of the linkages has pins. and the whole cocking assembly is attached to the receiver tube with two screws.
Mine isn't completely centered within the cut out on the stock, but it hasn't rubbed on the wood so far. I might address this if needed in the future.

So, if the one screw that attaches to the compression tube became loose, that would an issue.

The undercover is plenty durable but a weak link rod spring (#PS296) will cause the lever to fall loose after shooting a pellet. Mine developed a loose spring after just a few months and a few hundred pellets. AA replaced the spring under warranty, but it needs to be replaced again now...
Thanks for the heads up, I haven't had that problem with mine, and my spring closes pretty strong.

I found a used pro sport that " Has been fitted with TBT sort stroke piston extention
Titan spring with custom guide & top hat". Is that a good idea to buy or would it be better to get one that's been untouched internally
I would say that if it is in pristine condition or close to that it makes for a tough choice. If you're going to keep it for a long time, I would go with new as it has a warranty.

I'm not personally familiar with the ProSport, but I do have a TX200 and they're widely known as the easiest spring piston gun there is to work on. I've had my own apart a few times and if you're at all mechanically inclined and you watch a few YouTube videos you shouldn't find either disassembly or reassembly to be a problem and after you've done it 3 or 4 times it should be second nature. Anyway, the point is if you don't like the tune it comes with then it should be nothing more than £100 or so and maybe an hour of swapping parts to get the tune you do want. I'm also guessing that there are likely hundreds of guys in the London area that know these rifles inside and out and can probably help you out.

Reactions: bustachip
Can't say whether new or used is the best choice, but I am confident that you'll be very happy with a pro sport. Mine in .177 is my most accurate spring gun and a real pleasure to shoot. 12fpe is the sweet spot for these guns.
R
I was thinking get the pro sport in. 22 and buy a hw97k in .20 . Sub 12 ftlb. What do you think? I'm more of a hunter than a target Shooter. (I know that sounded cringe)

The undercover is plenty durable but a weak link rod spring (#PS296) will cause the lever to fall loose after shooting a pellet. Mine developed a loose spring after just a few months and a few hundred pellets. AA replaced the spring under warranty, but it needs to be replaced again now...
Man.. for a £950 air rifle. There should be zero problems with it. If it wasn't for the looks of the pro sport I'd have just got a hw97k