Evanix Should EVANIX Bring Back FULL-AUTO Rifles? (New Models)

Well maybe home brew full auto conversions. And yea, reselling even factory built ones is OBVIOUSLY irresponsible. But surely you’re not suggesting that paid banner ads from manufacturers creating these dirty “behind the beaded curtain” devices should be removed, their money returned, and future site support be rejected? You’re not are you? Look, all I’m saying is that virtue signaling for reasons such as pandering, fear mongering, prejudice, or even plain ignorance, should be something embraced and nurtured right up until it impacts the bottom line. Can’t be having your line in the sand obscure THAT line.
I'm saying full auto airguns attract unwanted attention to our sport from people in positions of power that have limited mental capacity. I'm all for exorcising our freedom to the fullest but full auto airguns are the cancer on our sport with the greatest chance of killing it. All it takes is for one of those wackos on the left coast to...
I'm sure it's easy to imagine and get the point. We're talking about people who don't know the difference between semi and full auto and get us into situations like our country has been in for the last few years. When cancer grows you have to cut it out. Life is a series of compromises.

Apologies to the tiny left coast minority who are not wackos.

I'm saying full auto airguns attract unwanted attention to our sport from people in positions of power that have limited mental capacity. I'm all for exorcising our freedom to the fullest but full auto airguns are the cancer on our sport with the greatest chance of killing it. All it takes is for one of those wackos on the left coast to...
I'm sure it's easy to imagine and get the point. We're talking about people who don't know the difference between semi and full auto and get us into situations like our country has been in for the last few years. When cancer grows you have to cut it out. Life is a series of compromises.

So you’re looking to limit our options when it comes to airguns, not based on crime or accident statistics or any actual danger the airgun might present, but rather on how those opposed to gun ownership in general might one day decide to try and regulate us?

What makes you think they will stop with full auto airguns? Aren’t semi-autos and big bores similarly dangerous? Aren’t there literally hundreds of “tactically” styled airguns out there with pistol grips, collapsible stocks and railed forearms?

When it comes to crime what is actually likely to be used will be a CO2 replica like the ones manufactured by Umarex. Maybe we should ban those too?

When you go down this road you can realistically expect to end up at the same location as the UK, Canada, Germany and many others have already with power limitations set at 12 fpe, 7.5 joules, 500 fps or some other arbitrary number, replicas being banned or having orange tips, etc…. These other countries got there long before the advent of full auto or 20mm big bores.

Reactions: doly.the.sheep
So you’re looking to limit our options when it comes to airguns, not based on crime or accident statistics or any actual danger the airgun might present, but rather on how those opposed to gun ownership in general might one day decide to try and regulate us?

What makes you think they will stop with full auto airguns? Aren’t semi-autos and big bores similarly dangerous? Aren’t there literally hundreds of “tactically” styled airguns out there with pistol grips, collapsible stocks and railed forearms?

When it comes to crime what is actually likely to be used will be a CO2 replica like the ones manufactured by Umarex. Maybe we should ban those too?

When you go down this road you can realistically expect to end up at the same location as the UK, Canada, Germany and many others have already with power limitations set at 12 fpe, 7.5 joules, 500 fps or some other arbitrary number, replicas being banned or having orange tips, etc…. These other countries got there long before the advent of full auto or 20mm big bores.
Everyone has an opinion and it's part of our freedom in the USA. This is my opinion in the current climate, it may change towards the end of the year but it is what it is. There are countries where people are not free to express their own opinion like UK, Canada, Germany, china, n korea and many others.
I am one man, if I could make it all better I would.
Speaking of rules and freedom, if we continue this particular discussion this thread will get locked faster than a left nut can say fully semi automatic. We work with what we have until we can do better.

Reactions: Sawney Bean
Everyone has an opinion and it's part of our freedom in the USA. This is my opinion in the current climate, it may change towards the end of the year but it is what it is. There are countries where people are not free to express their own opinion like UK, Canada, Germany, china, n korea and many others.
I am one man, if I could make it all better I would.
Speaking of rules and freedom, if we continue this particular discussion this thread will get locked faster than a left nut can say fully semi automatic. We work with what we have until we can do better.
I think that so long as we keep things civil we’re probably ok. I recognize that we’re all on the same side here. I just don’t think there is any way we can avoid regulation by flying under the radar and that we shouldn’t give up anything without a fight.

Reactions: heavy-impact
First and foremost, I believe you should be able to buy what you want with your money. I personally have no interest in select fire airguns. I am not an airgun convert so I am not looking for firearm features on my airguns (aside from the fact that both will send a projectile downrange). I grew up with airguns and powder burners and I never could get the two confused enough to want auto or even semi-auto fire on any airgun. If I want that, I'll grab the powder gun.

Reactions: Dairyboy

Took your initial reply as a tongue dig aimed loosely at some other banned discussion silliness being tossed around here lately.

I see now that I read you wrong.

Took your initial reply as a tongue dig aimed loosely at some other banned discussion silliness being tossed around here lately.

I see now that I read you wrong.
It's a bit of both. I do find it silly and disingenuous to ban discussion and sale of certain items on the forum under the guise of protecting our sport when this site has sponsor links to where those very items are sold. Seems that used ones are dangerous to our hobby but new ones are not. This event was triggered by a member posting two thread sizes that are not found on airguns and then this mysterious member deleted the post and supposedly no one can figure out who it was. Of all the possible solutions, banning resale of readily available retail moderators that are still being sold by sponsors of this forum through links from this forum and all discussion of DIY versions was the answer. Gives me a headache trying to find the logic in all that.

Just the mention of said event will get this thread locked now.

You guys have at it with the political stuff.. I just think the guns look ugly, are too damn heavy, and dislike the mechanism they use for full auto. Judging by their semi auto viper pistol it looks like they don’t have much in the pipe as far as semi auto and full auto tech. I don’t think another full auto electro gun will be a big seller in this current market of Huben and Huben copycats. They make a damn fine rifle using the revolver style action. If they applied that tech to an under lever pcp rifle it would be a hot seller as their is no one currently doing it.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66

People in positions of power may or may not want to restrict our air gunning liberties as we now know them.
The best solution we can come up with is to do it for them?
Let’s say it works. We eliminate the perceived issue.
Either way we forfeited territory without a fight.
What will be the next issue that we focus on? There will always be another issue.
Should we just acquiesce and limit ourselves to 12 fpe guns and FAC permits just to keep those mysterious people whose name we do not dare speak content?

Reactions: Sawney Bean
People in positions of power may or may not want to restrict our air gunning liberties as we now know them.
The best solution we can come up with is to do it for them?
Let’s say it works. We eliminate the perceived issue.
Either way we forfeited territory without a fight.
What will be the next issue that we focus on? There will always be another issue.
Should we just acquiesce and limit ourselves to 12 fpe guns and FAC permits just to keep those mysterious people whose name we do not dare speak content?
You have your opinion and I have mine. Arguing won't change our minds so lets not waste our time.