shotshow vs aea

i am feeling a little underwhelmed by shot show this year. arrow guns arrow guns arrow guns! electronic guns :(

i know this has been brought up before, but shot show has kind of highlighted for me that aea is doing a lot of cool things at an affordable price

mass produced affordable 12 gauge, affordable semi-auto, and even a .45 cal semi auto!

https://www.aeaairgun.net/product-page/b-w-s45-will-be-released-this-afternoon-est

https://youtu.be/vo8g1FQyCHM?t=181

will i ever replace my L2 with an AEA HP SS? no, but its pretty awesome you can get a semi auto for $500

will i ever buy a semi auto .45 cal? ...maybe :D

AEA has a bright future if they keep up the good work! Excellent designs at a good price/value. They are even constantly improving, many incumbents should take notice!!!

Yup, AEA is making waves, big waves......good prices and a variety unmatched out there, 

Not to compete with the High end guns but in the mid price segment I don't thing there's a company that can touch them right now.

When I got my first Leshiy 2 in .22 I bought a .30 barrel kit for it. Swapped the barrels a couple of times for comparison purposes. An easy enough 1/2 hour job but still extra work. So also got a 2nd L2 in .30 with 350mm barrel & Valkyrie barrel kit for comparison purposes with the .22. 

Also got an AEA SS Plus in .30 around the same time, removed the folding butt stock and use it as a large 8-shot 48fpe semiauto air pistol. That SS Plus cost me less than 1/3 of what my .30 L2 cost, and I see them come up in the classifieds for even less than that. A good deal.

I'm keeping the L2 in .22 as my current favorite, and the SS Plus in .30 because it's such a good deal for ~50fpe semiauto performance in a relatively compact package. I'll be selling my .30 L2 shortly because owning one Leshiy 2 in .22 is enough for me. That .30 SS+ is a serious piece of work. And much easier to use than my single-shot Evanix Rex .357 pistol was, though the Rex had the edge on power.

Leshiy 2 250mm open vs AEA SS Plus without stock - comparison picture.1642768536.jpg

I had a 357 Terminator for a while last year too, a real powerhouse. The semiauto on both the SS+ and the Terminator worked very well. I'm not a hunter, just a hobbiest. But I would not hesitate to purchase another AEA semiauto airgun.

I've never shot an electronic airgun. Interesting approach, similar to airplanes replacing the old manual control cables with fly-by-wire electronic push button systems. Should work fine as long as the batteries don't get wet or run out. Mostly I dislike the tiny computer screens showing the settings. Can't read them well in the sunshine. Now I know that I'm getting old because I would much prefer a nice rotary power dial instead of a little touch screen to tap in the settings.

JP 

jpiperson - i'm kind of going on the exact same journey you have. i was trying to squeeze more power out of my .30 l2 configuration, but it just wasn't there. i had a rex p .357 before that i was using for high power, but did get tired of single loading that one (although i dont mind with airforce, i think its the way they cut out the loading portion on the rex.

i've sold my .30 l2 config (selling the last bit of it in classifieds right now), and pre ordered one of the semi auto .45's aea's coming out.

6600 - 16' barrel with a larger tank and pic rail are REALLY tempting. i opted for less power with the .45, will hopefully pick up a zeus after i invest in a booster pump. so maybe a year or so off lol

Not sure what the power adjustment range is on the new AEA .45. My .30 SS Plus adjusts from a max of 48fpe to a min of 30fpe. At lower than that it will still fire but it won't cycle the action.

The AEA's have the power and the semi-auto option and some level of easy power adjustments. The Terminator and SS Plus are quite loud though, and already long enough without hanging an LDC on the front end. If the diameter of the barrel shroud on the SS Plus was increased to 50mm it could be made about as quiet as they come without any additions. It's funny in a way that the more powerful the airguns are, the quieter I want them to be. If that .45 semiauto AEA can be adjusted down from 200fpe to under 50fpe, and quieted down to a dull thump, it'll be a formidable addition to their product line.

Powerful and relatively compact semiauto airguns like that have also crossed into the arena of home defense, along with a few compact pistols like the First Strike FSC paintball pistol which shoots .68 cal hard balls in the ~35fpe power range. A company like Grimburg Defense positions their less than lethal .68 cal CO2 and HPA launchers and new Gavle compact CO2 defense pistol directly at that personal defense market. All of the bigger bore AEA and similar have evolved so far beyond the 12fpe spring rifles and 8fpe pump-ups of 50 years ago. Techniques are evolving too as forums spread the news. Like using Helium to increase power output by 50% over air, or by filling the rear of a pellet with Vaseline to raise the power of the shot out of a springer or gas piston break barrel rifle by 75%. Information like the recent Shot Show airgun product videos increases market awareness and demand, it was actually exciting to see that video demo of that new 200+fpe AEA semiauto .45. Too noisy and too powerful for me, but I'd still like to have one for awhile just to check it out.

And that attitude is exactly why there are so many expensive Leshiy 2 and Daystate airguns showing up in the Classifieds all the time. People like me, and many reading this, aren't so concerned about the money, or about finding the one true airgun to rule them all. I just want to try a bunch of them, compare them, and keep some of them longer than others. Those Leshiy 2s are really excellent at what they do, and so are the AEA products though they do it quite differently than the Edgun designs. I didn't already have an L2 and an SS+ I would have snapped up some of the recent deals I've seen for them in the Classifieds, same with Hubens which seem to me to be underpriced on the resale market. It's an exciting time for airgun technology that's for sure.

I've definitely been following the company closely, and I've reading more and more comments like these. I definitely think AEA will be my next rifle. I'm real hesitant on pre-ordering the s&w 45 tho. First gen terminator had some issues, think I may wait for the second run. Like my father always told me never buy a first year new model car, let them get the bugs out in the second year!

I've definitely been following the company closely, and I've reading more and more comments like these. I definitely think AEA will be my next rifle. I'm real hesitant on pre-ordering the s&w 45 tho. First gen terminator had some issues, think I may wait for the second run. Like my father always told me never buy a first year new model car, let them get the bugs out in the second year!

One thing for sure, A.E.A. don't take long to come out with GEN 2s,.....they operate at lightning speed !

Oh man that 58 is really interesting to me. Higher potential for a flatter trajectory with the shorty barrel.

my hopes are that the bugs in the terminator and element(there was eventually a regulated version) will be worked out in the s45 and challenger pro 

I really like the swapability in parts. Not sure if this was conscious after seeing crosman Airforce success, or if it happened out of necessity to reuse parts on different guns to decrease cost of manufacturing so many bespoken items