• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Theoben Shot the "270" Today...First Year Theoben....

I acquired this Sirocco Delux .22 SN270 from David Slade on consignment while picking up or dropping off some other guns to be serviced about two years ago...he had just serviced it...I had him set the power at 12fpe and besides one pellet when I got it home has been in storage since then. Finally got around to mounting a Vortec 4x12 scope, ran 7 Crosman domes across the crony, 12fpe right on the money...took a few shots to sight it in at 25yds...shooting off my knee as my custom is...printed this group...not bad for a 41 year old just serviced air rifle...if I say so
20230803_203011.jpg
20230803_190217.jpg
my self! The two flyers were me AND an unfamiliar trigger...odd shooting a springer with no safety to let off! Not every day one get to shoot a first year of production Theoben, (any of 'em these days is a treat), just wanted to share the moment with all my AGN buddies
BTW Group is 7 or 8 shots...

Whew. That barrel looks long enough to poke holes in the target from 20yds out. Very pretty gun though and nice shooting!
At 12fpe I was concerned with the lock time...doesn't appear to be an issue....surprised me...only ran about 20 pellets through it...was about 95* here in Fla with high humidity.

Reactions: Lewis and Sqwirl57
Is it drilled and tapped for iron sights? The earliest Sirocco Deluxe had iron sights and Webley barrels. And BSA Meteor triggers as well. (Is yours an “Omega”trigger?)
You have to remove the stock to pump or change pressure on yours. Dumb if you ask me because you can’t even cock them with the stock removed.
This is 2347. You have to do that on this one too. I’m probably going to extend the fitting and relieve the stock so it’s accessible like my later S Deluxe. It’s a lot easier to adjust. The to
This one is drilled and tapped for sights but likely the Anschutz .22 barrel. Running at 17 ft lb right now.
I bought it on eBay so don’t know it’s history. The muzzle brake is scratched up but I have a new one. Some primate tried to remove it with pliers I guess.
The seller was asking an “eBay “price, and I made him a low offer and he took it.
So now I have a later minty 177 S D and this older one.
For me these are the best of the early Theobens. The rest are too heavy. Never wanted the heavy ones. I don’t need a heavy sporting rifle. Haven’t had a chance to shoot this one much yet. But I will. I shot the 177 quite a bit over the years. (35)
My 177 shoots 1/4 ctc at 25y no problem.
At 16 ft lb. Don’t know it’s SN off hand.
Don’t even try to adjust the trigger too low. It’s really a single stage. Fake two stage.
DCEF2ECE-4FA3-43EF-8DA9-B43FD7196E28.jpeg

Is it drilled and tapped for iron sights? The earliest Sirocco Deluxe had iron sights and Webley barrels. And BSA Meteor triggers as well. (Is yours an “Omega”trigger?)
You have to remove the stock to pump or change pressure on yours. Dumb if you ask me because you can’t even cock them with the stock removed.
This is 2347. You have to do that on this one too. I’m probably going to extend the fitting and relieve the stock so it’s accessible like my later S Deluxe. It’s a lot easier to adjust. The to
This one is drilled and tapped for sights but likely the Anschutz .22 barrel. Running at 17 ft lb right now.
I bought it on eBay so don’t know it’s history. The muzzle brake is scratched up but I have a new one. Some primate tried to remove it with pliers I guess.
The seller was asking an “eBay “price, and I made him a low offer and he took it.
So now I have a later minty 177 S D and this older one.
For me these are the best of the early Theobens. The rest are too heavy. Never wanted the heavy ones. I don’t need a heavy sporting rifle. Haven’t had a chance to shoot this one much yet. But I will. I shot the 177 quite a bit over the years. (35)
My 177 shoots 1/4 ctc at 25y no problem.
At 16 ft lb. Don’t know it’s SN off hand.
Don’t even try to adjust the trigger too low. It’s really a single stage. Fake two stage.
View attachment 377838
No configuration for iron sights...there is a port just behind the the rear scope mount on top, I assume is for charging. I forget the barrel and trigger type, BSA and Omega maybe...but barrel is quility; trigger...not so much...very easy to cock light weight sweet piece of history. Won't be shot much during my tenure.

Probably not the original barrel, I’d say. Later barrels aren’t drilled. I should’ve said brake and block actually.
#4412 .177 has air fill port as shown. And Venom brake now has slots milled. Not drilled and tapped for sights. Also has inertia piston. The HE Sirocco came out the year after this one.
Omega aren’t target triggers but I can’t complain about them either. Light first travel and a consistent crisp release. I never had a problem with them. I always liked it. I don’t need a 4 oz trigger on these guns. Not necessary. Or desirable. Personally.
Definitely shoot mine. But I don’t booger mine up. When I’m too old I’ll sell them. Not before. And they’ll be in fine condition. And then they can go to the imaginary Theoben museum. I try not to make this stuff my idol. 😉
“Do not lay up treasure where moths eat and rust destroys, and where thieves break in and steal”
58D39F1E-A563-4042-A84C-04BD2FDA19C6.jpeg
D55AFFBC-E149-4DBD-B9DB-40A0B6542D5A.jpeg
C7426AC4-6E10-4F7F-BF9B-87702A7BF702.jpeg

Reactions: maxtrouble