• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shot the 160 today

RickH

Jan 22, 2022
Evening everyone,

For the first time in nearly a month I was able to do a little backyard plinking with my recently acquired Crosman 160. Outside temps in the 90’s and humidity at about 160% but at least the wind was down. Shooting scoped at 15 meters the groupings were pretty good, 1/2-3/8 inch five shot groups with a flier or two. Low cost pellets. I did think it was interesting that using two 12 gram co2 cartridges only gave me about 40 shots in .22 while the rifle I use competitively will give 65 or so in .177 also using two 12 gram cartridges. It makes me wish the matches I shoot would allow .22 though, this thing is a tack driver and nice to shoot. Just goes to show that a gunsmith who knows his business can be worth every penny he charges. The guy that has done several for me certainly is.

Rick H

IMG_3103.jpeg

IMG_3101.jpeg

IMG_3102.jpeg

IMG_3099.jpeg

That's a fine rifle you have. Accurate, too. I'm a big fan of those. Does it have the adjustable trigger group?

You might try loading the front co2 cartridge in backwards. I found that I get 42 shots out of one cartridge from the .22 QB78 that way. At a higher velocity, too. Only 23 low-velocity shots from loading a full cartridge with an empty one. 72 shots out of two cartridges loaded normally.

Cheers,

J~

Reactions: bf1956