Shot something you shouldn’t???

When I was 7 or 8 my grandpa was having the Barn roof redone there was three of them working on it and I was shooting at birds not in there Direction and kept hearing something hitting the ground around me finally a nail hit me in the back and I turned around and looked up at the barn roof a guy was up there Laughing well he turned around and bent over and started working again I shot him right in the butt he came off the roof he was yelling at me here came grandpa asked what was going on I told him that guy said he wasn’t Throwing anything and the other guys said yes he was he got sent back to the roof And I lost my BB gun for about a month

I was probably 12 or so, had a Daisy Model 25 pump action BB gun and noticed that some of the little green night-blooming jasmine flower buds were just about the size of a BB, so I loaded one up and fired it. They made a nice splat so I loaded another one up and shot one of my buddies with it. I didn't believe it would hurt but he was crying and threatening to tell my parents so I offered to let him shoot me with one. Dang if that didn't sting, left a mark, too! Yep, it hurted all right, won't be doing that again.

Steel BBs are highly elastic. Try bouncing one off something hard, i.e. just drop one on some kitchen tile, for example, and see how close it gets back to your hand after the bounce.
Recently on YouTube “whoteewho” had a video of a co2 bb pistol and he was shooting steel plates with it from 10 yards away 🤦‍♂️. Let him know in the comments what a bad idea it was. Especially for someone with such a huge following to show others such unsafe practices.

Lol…then again I shot out a window wtf am I to say anything. Oh well I paid my repentance to my wife by selling my streamline to pay for it.

Reactions: Bandito
Like so many of you, I was shooting starlings from my dining room table out the window. The first thing I shot was a wind chime hanging outside the window. That wasn’t enough, the next thing I shot was the lower window frame. I never did tell her and I don’t think she ever found out. Those dang scopes. It was my AA S410E in.177. From then on I stayed in the family room shooting out the slider. Thank heavens I never put a hole in that. Happy and safe shooting.

Reactions: Bandito
Does this count? .30 cal through the door frame.

OOPS.jpg

I shot myself in the forehead when I was 21 with a 22lr. Ran across a big pile of old ceramic insulators from a high power power line deep in the 1,000+
acres I used to hunt with exclusive access, well techically the owner's son had access but he lived on the west coast and this was in SW Va. So I took my ruger mk1 pistol out for some target shooting busting a few, first and only shot, bullet hits the insulator, follows the contour of the insulator and comes right back and smacks my forehead. Luckily it spent most of it's energy and did not even break the skin a little, but it was stuck in cloth of my hat. If it weren't for the dirt and fungus on the insulator showing the path of the bullet, there might not have been a mark on it.

I shot myself in the forehead when I was 21 with a 22lr. Ran across a big pile of old ceramic insulators from a high power power line deep in the 1,000+
acres I used to hunt with exclusive access, well techically the owner's son had access but he lived on the west coast and this was in SW Va. So I took my ruger mk1 pistol out for some target shooting busting a few, first and only shot, bullet hits the insulator, follows the contour of the insulator and comes right back and smacks my forehead. Luckily it spent most of it's energy and did not even break the skin a little, but it was stuck in cloth of my hat. If it weren't for the dirt and fungus on the insulator showing the path of the bullet, there might not have been a mark on it.
Wow that is crazy. As a kid I used to shoot those as they tore down a power line around my house and left all the poles. Never had anything like that happen though. On a side note 343 dollars later my basement window that started this thread is all fixed 👍

Not happy to admit it but here’s what happened.
Shooting into my woods at targets. I get a call & set TX200 in safe. I forget about it and pull it out 3 days later. I do what I always do. Stand aiming offhand and practice trigger control. Smash, hole right through the double pane. Lesson learned, check spring set no matter what if picking up a gun. Someone else could have changed something or, you simply could have forgotten.

many decades ago, when I was around 13 years old, we lived in the city, and I saw a squirrel in a mimosa tree in our front yard. I ran to my bedroom and pumped up my Benjamin .22. I had run out of pellets, so I had pulled the bullets out of some .22 short RF shells. I snuck out the bedroom window and around the side of the house and dropped the squirrel first shot, then ran back around to the bedroom window and found mom standing there with her hands on her hips. She had been watching the squirrel out the kitchen window, and when she saw the squirrel suddenly drop from the tree, she knew I probably had something to do with it. She chewed me out and deferred to dad use the belt on me.

Before I had the BB gun, I had a "pop gun", one of those rifles that had a pin through the barrel a short distance in from the muzzle so you couldn't put anything big down the barrel, but you could shoot the cork that came with it if you cut the string. We found out that we could shove the barrel into the mud and a shoot a dirt clod at each other, but then I got the inspiration to shove the barrel into an ant hill and shoot red ants at my buddy. Well, I guess a red ant crawled up his nose and his mom freaked out and took him to the ER...I caught hell for that one.

I’m thinking we all have but most are probably not as big of a DA as me. I don’t think I’m alone in sometimes wanting to shoot from inside the house to outside when the weather stinks right ?? Ok but I may be alone in being stupid enough to accidentally shoot the window instead of the target ?? Anyone else ever have any complete District Attorney (DA) moments when shooting ?
While coyote hunting with a friend .
We had parked along the trail ,getting things out of the truck.
My friend spotted two coyotes about 80 yards out. He leaned across the rear of the truck using the box side to help steady his shot.
He had the shot lined up squeezed the trigger,but the coyote never moved.
He takes one more shot! The coyote runs away. He is disappointed while saying something is wrong with the scope or gun . He happen to take a look in the direction where the coyotes were.
Noticing two holes in the opposite side of the truck box !

Reactions: Trucker3573
Lol 😂 yup!
Couple years ago pesting on a farm permission a woodchuck popped up off the passenger side of my truck! Well the window wasn't all the way down. The scope cleared it but but the barrel didn't! Was an expensive day at the farm 🤪
Oh yes, been there, done that…
Mine was snipering Indian mynas from the back seat while being driven around…
Learnt that lesson 😂😂😂

Reactions: Airgnr_Ind