Shot something you shouldn’t???

Years ago when my wife and I where dating, we were at the pit shooting. I had gone to set up the targets. While doing so I heard a shot, and hit the deck. I then turned around, looking at her. She had already set the rifle down. I looked directly at her and said. You just shot my truck. Didn't you? Yes indeed she did. A 32 Winchester hole right through the side of the bed of my truck. I reminded her about always checking the gun to see if one was chambered.

A learning experience. She has always been very careful since.

This might become a pretty long thread......

If it weren't for all those non-confessors like @Bandito....! 😆
He at least said something. 👍🏼
But there is a whole bunch out there who won't open their lips nor hit a single key on their keyboard....

What an enjoyable read! 😃

Matthias

I was shooting a squirrel out of my garage window keeping the muzzle inside. Like a few of you said the barrel is definitely lower than the scope. I hit the alum storm window frame and the pellet richcheted back into the garage. It scared the heck out of me then the possible damage that possibly just happened sped thru by mind, luckily no damage and a lesson learned. Could have been bad!!

20131201_144429.jpg

Reactions: NorCal David
I was 12 or 13, at a friend's house whose single parent worked 10 hour days. Had a daisy pump there with no supervision, UH OH! We were shooting tin cans off fence posts in the backyard with no backstop. Neighbors across the alley came home to over 20 holes in their den picture window. Cost my Dad $350 in 1965ish - a lot of money then! Yes, I DID ultimately have to pay it back to Pops.

Several years ago at the show I set up at, a guy came by and dropped a Marksman BB pistol on my table and said: "its yours". I proceeded to check it out to make sure it was empty, including cocking and firing it several times into my wiping rag. I then told the other guys in the 4 table square we share that I had a Marksman like this when I was a kid and managed to shoot myself in the hand with it. I then proceeded to demonstrate how I accomplished that feat by cocking the Marksman, holding up my opened hand, and, at a range of about 2 inches pointed the muzzle at my palm and pulled the trigger. When the laughter stopped, one of the guys picked the BB up off the floor and presented it to me to keep forever as an example of complete stupidity.

Reactions: NorCal David
SWMBO shot the 16"X16" trap in the garage and proceeded to add a few "screw holes" into the door frame to the left of the trap.

She profusely apologized for the poor aim until I pointed out three, carefully epoxy filled dents in the steel door.

I had the gun bore-sited but bumped it without thinking about it until I shot three but the shots didn't show up on paper.

Oops!

Oh yeah I WILL admit to shooting a 44 mag into a chrono. Messed it up a bit. So embarrassing.
And Jungle Shooter you know how many gubermint snitches are probably watching this thread. Lots of alphabet soup just waiting to swoop down on a shooter, shoot his dog, and drag him away for misdeeds with a BB gun. Be Well boys and girls, B.

Last edited:
I’m thinking we all have but most are probably not as big of a DA as me. I don’t think I’m alone in sometimes wanting to shoot from inside the house to outside when the weather stinks right ?? Ok but I may be alone in being stupid enough to accidentally shoot the window instead of the target ?? Anyone else ever have any complete District Attorney (DA) moments when shooting ?