• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Shot some ARA Unlimited cards

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
Ran out of N50 cards so I shot in some ARA unlimited with the slug gun instead. The 100 ring is .500” and it is outward scored…meaning you must stay inside the ring when plugged to score 100. They are tough, but a lot of fun. Wind was not bad…probably nothing over 6 mph.

2341.67 average

Mike

IMG_1347.jpeg
IMG_1346.jpeg
IMG_1345.jpeg

Some may not realize this significant achievement.
To date current ARA top 5 agg unlimited class.
1688418240506.png

Top 5 'below the line' agg. The line holds back those that have not shot 40 cards. 40 cards are required to be 'in-standing'
1688418283937.png

https://www.americanrimfire.com/index.php/rankings. Search 'Unlimited Outdoor Aggregate'

Congrats to you Mike - you worked to deserve this achievement.

Is it possible to tell me some details on what you were shooting and at what distance?
Mike was shooting one of the Thomas Air Rifles that he manufactures. It appears that he was shooting his home made slugs that he also makes for himself and the distance was 50 yards! I hope this helps you out!
Thx
Dan

Wow, that is amazing consistency at 50 yards! Incredible shooting for certain.
I bet whenever Mike tries some other brand of rifle it’s always a letdown lol!
I don’t know of any other rifle that is capable of that kind of consistency, someday I must own one!
Thanks for sharing your efforts Mike.

Nice shooting Mike. Do you typically shoot rows or do you shoot columns?

And If you turned those targets over to production class it would have been 2500, 2450 and 2500! Wow!
I shoot rows….but don’t often start at the same place. Usually start on the closest bull to whatever sighter I’m using. Kind of a random system. 😀

Mike

Reactions: nomojo65
Some may not realize this significant achievement.
To date current ARA top 5 agg unlimited class.
View attachment 369719

Top 5 'below the line' agg. The line holds back those that have not shot 40 cards. 40 cards are required to be 'in-standing'
View attachment 369720
https://www.americanrimfire.com/index.php/rankings. Search 'Unlimited Outdoor Aggregate'

Congrats to you Mike - you worked to deserve this achievement.
Thanks Lou….I’m happy to be in the same ballpark. 😀

Reactions: Loufish
Nice shooting!

On 4-13-23 on my 105th ARA card I shot a 2500 0X.

It took me more than 2 hours to complete the card. The wind was from 3 to 9 across the card at 25 mph gusting to 35 (NWS data).

Target was a factory class ARA at 50 yards and leveled .

Sight in was really bad so I settled on an 11 o'clock hold just inside the edge of the 100 ring. Watched the vanes and flags and found a set that drifted the bullet towards the center dot.

Then spent the next hours waiting for the correct set and squeezing the trigger.

My rifle is is an old school Lilga bull barrel with Harrell tuner mounted to a JRL CZ 452 action and trigger set and free floated on a Verhagen Carbon fiber stock all assembled by J R Langley. The rest is a gen1 TargetShooting.com 1000LP. Ammo was SK Match.

My score does not offically count for crap, but the mental orgasm I had when I finished plugging the hits does.