• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Shot some 100Y EBR targets with the .30 Boss today

Last range outing for this week, B4 babysitting with my wife for our three little angels ( Granddaughters - all under 4 1/2 ) this weekend in DC.

Took the .30 cal Boss ( .25 converted to a .30 ) with me today to the local outdoor range.

Range Conditions and equipment:

Crowded, had to wait for a 100Y bench
Wind: Light @ 2-3 mph. Head wind, right to left at times
Flags: Too crowded, so I could not use both flags, which hurt me at times
No moderator on the BOSS, waiting on a new shroud and DonnyFl Adpater from FX USA
Athlon BTR Gen1 - 6-24-50MM
Scoring Plug used was a .30" plug
Weather: 50's

50 yard groups: I had to start at 50 yards and I shot 6 - (5) shot groups. Some were with magazines and a couple with SST. I am seeing a very consistent pattern of 1/2" or less groups with the JSB 44G pellets. Had slightly less than MOA average for the six groups. Had one nice magic group, which made my day. I did not sort, size pellets - straight from the tin, but they all looked pretty good.

100 Yard EBR targets: I had some 80 lb card stock EBR targets and this was my first ever trip with the Boss @ 100 yards. Although I knew not being able to use the flags today was a disadvantage, the gun shot pretty good. I numbered the targets in the sequence that I shot the (3) cards. Shot a 212, 218 and a 214. I was guessing with the wind, and if it was not crowded today, I would have used them. I did get a late start, and that brought all the powder burners there. Some very loud guns. My Boss w/o the Huggett was a bit loud as well.

I am encouraged with the Boss for 100Y and N50 Yard targets. My wind reading needs a lot of work, even when the flags are there, but not having them cost me a few points today.

No complaints, no excuses. But, this gave me confidence to start shooting more 100 yard EBR targets. I am planning on getting a Vortex Golden Eagle soon and that will help me with my magnification and clarity.

IMG_8279.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8280.jpg
    IMG_8280.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8281.jpg
    IMG_8281.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8282.jpg
    IMG_8282.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: