• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Shot show fallout

The question really is; we’ve spent so much on equipment have we invested in trained to be a better shooter. Most guys don’t want to admit that they could learn how to be a better shooter.

Most of us that have or currently carry weapons that we stake our lives on, have a different understanding.

Most of the larger clubs will host quality training opportunities. I highly suggest everyone look into it.

Let 2024 be the year you invest in yourself.

No it absolutely will not. Will it do it with more power?? Probably but only you can decide if that is worth it. Luckily for me I haven’t seen anything interesting from shot this year except the new top tier gun from jts. Certainly interesting especially what the price point will be. However I suspect it could be awhile before they are seen being that they were showcasing a “new” gun this year that they showcased last year as well and it still hasn’t hit dealers. Lol.

I used to really look forward to the new guns. Then one day it dawned on me that everything I was looking at was, despite all the hype, only marginally better than what was available last year.
Granted the hype and propaganda is fun and exciting but the actual meat on the bone is rarely a game changer when viewed against what has immediately preceded it.

I am blessed that I don’t need anything over 30 FPE for any of the shooting I do. The Royale 400 unreg’d I bought 12 years ago would still do everything I need an air rifle to do today. I was dumb and sold it.
I've been power hungry for awhile, but here lately I've decided 20 to 25 fpe is all I need.

I've been power hungry for awhile, but here lately I've decided 20 to 25 fpe is all I need.
Yup. I’ve taken plenty of raccoon with an 18gr going 860 fps at longer distances than what my shot would be in my yard currently. I’m sure the Concept Lite XR I just ordered will be around 25 FPE and will get everything done.

Sure have. I've been on a sub 12 .25 kick lately.

I started airgun hobby power hungry thanks to YouTube videos and all the “ethical kill” talks on this forum. But when I discovered sub12 177 airguns and I realized I found airgun nirvana.

however not saying I don’t like power for the right situation, thanks to my situation my collection is either sub12 177 or much higher. My dynamic is just over 108fpe in .25 cal.😅

Last edited:
I started airgun hobby power hungry thanks to YouTube videos and all the “ethical kill” talks on this forum. But when I discovered sub12 177 airguns I realized I found airgun nirvana.

however not saying I don’t like power for the right situation, thanks to my situation my collection is either sub12 177 or much higher. My dynamic is just over 108fpe in .25 cal.😅
I love my 24 fpe .177 slugger for reaching out, but 12 to 15 fpe is so pleasant and accurate with pellets. It's hard to argue with that.

Reactions: Nattboy and qball
Yeah I agree. I have up to 80 ft/lbs with my .30 and anything above that I will just go to a firearm.
My hand loading specialty is on the low end of the velocity scale. I can make 80 fpe sound like a Crosman pumper. I lost sight of the reason I love airguns by chasing power I didn't need in this platform.

I really did not see anything I had to have. While there are interesting items, i really do not see anything that would be a marked improvement over what I have. As far as the resevoir/barrel thing, I just see a lesser ability to mute noise along with reduced shot count. I really like quiet so I make my own.

I started airgun hobby power hungry thanks to YouTube videos and all the “ethical kill” talks on this forum. But when I discovered sub12 177 airguns I realized I found airgun nirvana.

I have a dynamic.30. I may eventually get a .25 too. I’m curious what length barrel/slug/reg pressure etc. are you using to get 108 fpe?

Reactions: qball