• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shot Show - 3 of the new air compressors

I like that the Hatsan compressor is doing more with the onboard water filtering as opposed to other compressors in this price range. The Benjamin looks like it fills a little faster than the Sun Optics compressor but it looks a little funky with the separate converter and cheaply made. I think a price of $500 would be more in line to me. Now I like the design and features on the Sun Optics compressor though had slow fill times, but as mentioned that can be a plus in avoiding hot fills and moisture build up. Did not catch a price for that compressor. Bill

I think the Air Venturi compressor has been one upped by the Hatsan Lightning. Several improvements in particular are noteworthy. First and foremost, the filtration system includes an automatic moisture dump as well as a final stage desiccant filter. I'd like to know if that final filter contains moisture sieve or just a tampon like the AV. I'd also like to hear it run. If it rpms at 75% of the AV it should be quieter running as well as putting less stress on the motor and pistons. Translation: longer life span and longer times between maintenances. I particularly like the fact that it shows the fill pressure settings digitally. More accurate and user friendly. I also like the fact that they are catering to the U.S. market by showing the internal temperature in Farenheit instead of Celcius. It's about time someone realized that we aren't on the metric system. My only wish list item that is still missing is an hourmeter to keep track of total runtime for maintenance purposes. I'm glad that my Carette compressor already has these features as well as belt drive. Good to see more competition coming in the PCP compressor market. This is good for us as more features become standard and more competition means lower prices for the features received. Just three years ago all we had were Omegas, Shoeboxes, and high priced scuba compressors. Times they are a changing.

Reactions: RAMJET66
I do think the Hatsan has one upped the AV, but only because of the auto drain valve and digital settings. The “desiccant” is that small metal block where the air hose exits. It’s the same as comes standard on the Tuxing and holds at the most a teaspoon of silica gel beads. Pretty much a waste. I took mine out and put a small Cotten tampon in its place. Both the AV and Hatsan appear to have the same large tampon type filter and cooling coils at the outlet of the second stage. With either compressor you’ll need an add on filter/dryer like the gold ones on eBay. Both of them are still lagging behind the Alpha Carette.