• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Shot a RAW N50 50-yard card today

Shot (2) N50 cards today at local outdoor range. A 229 and a 244. I was happy with the 244, but a couple of bulls got away from me and it was NOT wind! I casually mentioned in another target challenge thread, I have been giving thought to swapping out my .22 Poly barrel for either a .25 or a .30 barrel for both 50 and 100 yards, but I am going back and forth on doing this since the RAW shoots so well at 50 yards, which is mostly for N50 cards. Knowing me, I will screw up a good thing, so not definite yet on taking the plunge.

Scope: Midas Tac 6-24X50 MM
Gun: RAW HM1000x .22 HP
Ammo: FX Branded JSB 25.39 RD
Accu-Tac Bipod and ProteKtor rear bag
Distance: 50 yards
Wind: Light
Temp: Warm, mid-70's in the AM

IMG_8685.jpg

I had been wanting to shoot a couple of cards for awhile, I had an opportunity before the weather and light stopped me.

My plan was to shoot 3 cards with the .177 but went for a card with the.25? Bad plan!

I have some dream I will shoot 100yds at the PAcup with this M3 .25 not looking to promising.

After looking at my cards again I had a couple -4’s instead-3’s! On both the . 25 card and .177 card. Unfortunately I do this regularly, good thing I don’t score my own cards in comp’s.

Last edited:
Want to hear something funny, about two weeks ago we had some really good weather and I told my wife why don’t you shoot a card with the. 177 because I really want her to compete with me. But she didn’t want to so I said set behind me watch the flags and tell me when to pull the trigger.

Well we had a blast and my score was a 245! I think a 6x, @ 25m. Maybe if I keep hounding her? We have a match in may and might be the only one for me until Aug.?

Want to hear something funny, about two weeks ago we had some really good weather and I told my wife why don’t you shoot a card with the. 177 because I really want her to compete with me. But she didn’t want to so I said set behind me watch the flags and tell me when to pull the trigger.

Well we had a blast and my score was a 245! I think a 6x, @ 25m. Maybe if I keep hounding her? We have a match in may and might be the only one for me until Aug.?
Joe there is a lesson in all of this here. " You need to listen to your wife more." :) :) :)

Reactions: nomojo65
Good shooting, guys!

I was testing some 12 and 20 fpe .177s this week and was surprised at how well they did at 50 in mild conditions . The accuracy is great…but they sure blow in the wind.

Mike
Thanks..

Actually, if you take a look at the 30 yard challenge thread which began last February 2022, there are quite a few .177's that posted a number of 200 perfect scores, with a boat load of "X's." But yes, in mild conditions I believe. Very accurate.

Some day a .177 is going to push its way into my gun safe..

Tom