• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shot a little paper this evening. 5/14/15

I like to do this to check my hold overs at each yardage for Field Target practice.
I plan to shoot Hunter PCP FT at Chris Berry's place this Saturday and have not had any time to practice lately. So I grabbed my trusty Air Arms S500 and a tin of JSB 10.34 grain pellets and gave her a whirl. Shot sets of 10 for each yardage except the 27 zero I shot 20 shots trying to dial it in best I could.I started with the 27 yd for twenty of 3/8" KZ's of courseThen 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.

I was tickled with the 40 yd string...it was my best.Then when I got to 45 yds it was really hard to make out the 3/8" KZ, and 50 yds was even worse. More like a guessing game on 12 power. Then I switched to 1/4" KZ for the 10 yd to 25 yd shots sets of 10

All shots benched and bag rested with Mamba Lite scope on 12 power. I try to take as much of me out of the equation as I can when checking the hold overs, plus I was in a hurry and too darn tired and old to be getting up and down off the ground in prone position every 10 shots ;-)

I'll be shooting prone with bi-pod at the match. Of course there will be a forced standing lane and a forced kneeling lane and Chris likes to mix it up with targets in trees and and one or two that you just can't see in the prone position. I'll have my bucket and sticks for those shots.