• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shorter superlight barrel so shroud can act as suppressor

1667765901158.png

The liner on my Dreamline superlight barrel goes into part 14 when assembled, so no air can go back into the shroud. If I shortened the barrel by 100mm and just relied on the spacers (part 12) for centering the liner, then the shroud should provide some noise suppression. I'm interested to hear from anyone who has tried this.

There is no problem using a shorter liner in a bigger shroud with a superlight barrel (Dreamline or Crown) and adding an internal silencer.

I did the same with my Dreamline Tactical and added an in-barrel suppressor.
Is used a 600mm .25 liner in combination with a 700mm shroud (28mm) diameter.
I also swapped the cone part of the shroud to make room to use a power plenum on my DreamTac, which moves the shroud another 17mm to the front.
Shortening the barrel in an original shroud is the same principle, though I wouldn't shorten my compact liner too much.

For the 600mm liner I used 3 spacers, which center the liner in the shroud (part 12).

Now you have space for a 12cm long internal suppressor, I've printed one usin a resin printer.
I say the noise is comparable with my .22 barrel and Hugget suppressor.

20211118_220414.jpg

20211118_220459.jpg

20211119_085254.jpg

20211119_085508.jpg

silencer.png

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
There is no problem using a shorter liner in a bigger shroud with a superlight barrel (Dreamline or Crown) and adding an internal silencer.

I did the same with my Dreamline Tactical and added a in-barrel suppressor.
Is used a 600mm .25 liner in combination with a 700mm shroud (28mm) diameter.
I also swapped the cone part of the shroud to make room to use a power plenum on my DreamTac, which moves the shroud another 17mm to the front.
Shortening the barrel in an original shroud is the same principle, though I wouldn't shorten my compact liner too much.

For the 600mm liner I used 3 spacers, which center the liner in the shroud (part 12).

Now you have space for a 12cm long internal suppressor, I've printed one usin a resin printer.
I say the noise is comparable with my .22 barrel and Hugget suppressor.
Looks great, I hope I can make something as nice.