• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Short vid with the ATN X-Sight 4K Pro - skunks at night

.....shewee ! idk if 35 yards is far enough away to avoid the (funk) spray .... and what sux is that nothing will cart those off you. i popped a skunk one morning in the texas hot summer of 2011 about 30 yards off my back patio and i'd have to get paid pretty well to EVER pop another one. took dang near two weeks and then the buzzards finally decided to haul it back into the pasture about 150 yards out , where (even in that blue blazes hot time - 110 degree avg) they left it to rot... i found out the hard way about grackles, too. fireants cured that evidence - bout a month later. 

Nice! Awesome shooting!!

A quick trick for all those ranges you shoot. Setup multiple profiles for distances. 20, 30, 40, etc. you can range it, and then just quickly change profile. This way you never have to worry too much about holdover... as this scope only has 1 reticle that works, but it’s small.

also... heart / lung punch those bad boys... no spray 😜

Reactions: JimNM
Thanks Haji! Yeah for sure.....if you look closely at the first one, after he sprayed you can see some oozing of stink cream coming out!

Problem is my rangefinder needs white light or very bright green in order to see the range in the viewer. These suckers scare if I throw the white light on. Also in the field it's difficult to do because I need both hands for that, so I would end up putting the rifle on the ground.

The ABL is in my future for sure....as it will Bluetooth the range into the ballistic calculator of the X-Sight and make the reticle adjustment instantaneously.

Right now it's just another toy I can't afford.

Thanks Haji! Yeah for sure.....if you look closely at the first one, after he sprayed you can see some oozing of stink cream coming out!

Problem is my rangefinder needs white light or very bright green in order to see the range in the viewer. These suckers scare if I throw the white light on. Also in the field it's difficult to do because I need both hands for that, so I would end up putting the rifle on the ground.

The ABL is in my future for sure....as it will Bluetooth the range into the ballistic calculator of the X-Sight and make the reticle adjustment instantaneously.

Right now it's just another toy I can't afford.

Yeah that range finder will be sweet! I was thinking you had range cards setup for your permissions. You could replicate those as profiles. Great workaround... and it’s free!

Sorry for making this my first post on the forum. I just got the X-Sight 4K and I’m liking it so far. I intend to get the ABL range finder but it appears they aren’t shipping yet. I talked to a guy at ATN and he confirmed that. I got the Supernova light to use when I mount it on a powder burner for hog hunting.

I’m surprised at how well the included Illuminator works after watching your video. So,far, I’ve only tried mine in my back yard.

Thanks for,sharing the video. Good shooting.

Greg

Thanks Greg!

It does work surprisingly well. I've found that how well either illuminator works depends upon the how clear the air/sky is between you and the target. Even my IR850 Pro looks terrible when there's a slight amount light fog or even just a lot of moisture in the air. The best picture and range of course comes when the air is super clean.

I use the factory illuminator when I shoot air rifle being I don't need the range for it. But I always use the IR850 Pro on the high powered rifle being most shots are likely to be 100 yards and farther.

H BOB O Great video as always , can you tell me more about the ATN night vision , I do not own a night set up , I would mainly use it short ranges like 100M or under , Can you give me sone models and explain if also needs some sort of light ?

thanks LOU

I think there is 2 types for scopes I see many but dont know anything about them , I also saw some which go on our scopes like attach at eyepiece , are these better ? I mean if you have good scope glass would it be better at night ? . also I saw some thermo scope images where as it is difficult to see what you are looking at , maybe it was out of range for it I dont know thanks

Lou,

The only night optic I have any experience and knowledge is the one I'm using. Sorry I can't help out with the other types....I don't even want to guess at them.

I have a Leupold LTO Tracker that I use for locating skunks and coyotes. This imagenis of a cow at 50 yds on a 30 degree night....sticks out like a sore thumb!! Skunks and coyotes show up just as bright albeit a lot smaller.

1540404858_17056194375bd0b67a0d7ba2.87368556_IMG_20181021_042233004.jpg

This image is of cows as well, but shows all the different colors the LTO has. Definitely gives you the edge when hunting at night.

1540404927_18983343655bd0b6bf2e4397.89498392_IMG_20180830_042317.jpg

I shot two coyotes at night so far, one at about 150yds and the other around 200yds.....both were easy to see with the ATN X-Sight. You need an IR illuminator in order to see in complete darkness. Mine came with one that is good to 100 yds, I use this one on the air rifle. I bought a higher powered one for my high powered rifle...good out to 300 yds.