• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Short Scope For 2044 and/or 1322 with steel breech ?

Hi there ... does anyone have a recommendation for a short scope for a Crosman 2044 and a Crosman 1322, both have the steel breech. It would be nice if the scope had parallax adjustment, maybe from 10 yards out to 50 yards, and had a variable range of magnification. It would also be nice if the cross hairs are not so huge they obscure the target while aiming. Most of the time I'll be shooting 10 or 20 yards and moving out to 50 yards once in a while, just for the challenge. Main purpose is for backpack pistols I can hunt small game (birds, squirrels, rabbits) when they are very close, but I need some magnification. I've been researching on the internet but not getting too far. Thank you all for any response! By the way ... if you have a recommendation for a regular size scope that would work well and would fit these pistols please let me know, I might not find a short scope that works.

The Discovery vt3 sfp 3x12x44 is a decent 2nd focal plane compact scope that you won't loose the reticle with and yet it is not overly thick like the Bug Busters either.

https://store.discovery-optics.com/collections/vt-3-sfp-1/products/discovery-vt-3-3-12x44-sf-sfp-compact-optical-sight-suitable-sniper-tactical-airgun-rifle-original-scope

Another good compact scope is the Vector optics Veyron 3x12x44 SFP second focal plane scope. The reticle on the FFP Veyron scopes gets a bit too thin at around 6 or 8 power for me. The SFP is just barely thick enough to be acceptable.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html

I have both of these scopes and although they are actually rifle scopes they are both on my pistols

The Veyron

The Discovery

The 3x9 bug buster fit the bill.
Screenshot_20210507-180310.1620425084.png
20140707_175629.1620425212.jpg

Thank you all for your responses, they are very much appreciated. My internet connection was damaged, then I was out in a very rural area for a week and for some reason could not sign onto Airgun Nation to reply so I'd like to apologize for taking so long. Those are beautiful air guns ... thank you for posting them. I'm placing my order for a Crosman 22240XL and a 1322 today and I am looking forward to customizing them ... God Bless