Short range scope??

"davemac18"Jim thanks 

Target shooting as tight groups as possible, scope most going on springers the HW line for now. Accuracy is vital. 10-25 yards mainly. 

thanks
For target shooting, I always enjoy more magnification. I would go with at least a 12x scope, with a fine reticle and an adjustable objective. When you say HW line, I'm assuming you are referring to springers. That limits your options. I'm sure there are other sensible options but I have Vortex Diamondback 4-12AO with BDC reticle on my HW30 and HW95. The Hawke AMX reticle is a finer reticle for target shooting. I have an Airmax 4-12AMX that I wouldn't hesitate to put on either of those guns. I also highly recommend the BKL one piece droop compensated mount for those guns.

Not to get off topic but I was just talking to my FFL Dealer about the MSR 10 Hunter today, I also have the Spitfire Prism on my Tavor X95.....Never thought about trying it on my Wildcat...Maybe I’ll try this since it’s not being used...
c053dd4896f19a7409e184be887e2bfd.jpg

Hi DaBinChe,

I realize this is a 2 year old post, but ...

I saw your post and it's what I'm looking for.

Can you recommend a very short range scope I can put n.v. on for ratting?

I'll be shooting between 3 - 5 yards and need a very accurate AO on the scope.

4 power would be nice since my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

The last 2 nights the rats ran off IN my large rat traps, so I think I need to get more creative.

Chaining the traps to trapping tethers is an option, but no point when I can 'scare them off'.

Worked good enough last year.

But the younger generation ... when will they learn? LOL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers ... Chris

Thanx survivor, appreciate the advice.

Nice setup! What do you fill it with, diving tanks, manual pump or ...?

I have a cheap arse Crossman 2100 Classic, and made my own design NV setup on a 3d printer and hardware advice from the UK NV Forum. Great guys there!,

However, I still have problems getting the cam to align w/the crosshairs optically (no AO on the scope), so never can get consistent accuracy at any range.

Without the NV I can drill the same hole from 3 - 10 yards no problems.

Maybe I need to upgrade my NV setup? Can you link me to what you bought?

And are you saying that with your NV/optics setup, at 6 yards you can consistently hit a dime w/the AO adjusted to 10 yards?

Thanx ...