Shooting Through a Spinning Washer Challenge - Super Hard!! UPDATE!! Success!! I got two on video!!

This has got to be one of the most difficult shooting challenges that I have ever tried. Credit for the idea goes to @bucketboy for this post within his original post on "Sweetener". I just "turned it up to 11".

Here is my video showing the challenge and how it is done:

For this challenge, I was shooting at a 3/8" flat steel washer. The actual physical dimensions of the washers I was using is 0.44" I.D., with a 1.01" O.D. I was shooting this with a 22cal shooting just under 40FPE at 25 yards. We had sustained wind of about 11MPH, and it was shifting all over the place. You can see the wind flag from the camera that was behind me while I was shooting. It was flip-flopping all over the place.

I think I'd like to try this again with more washers (in case I do as bad as I did in this take), and wait for a little less or at least more consistent wind. I am also thinking that I'd rather use fishing line or something more resilient next time too, but I wonder if it would be pliable enough to allow the washers to spin freely. Polyester or Nylon thread, perhaps? If you have knowledge here, that would be appreciated! 👍

Anyway, I did my best, but tanked. What are your thoughts on this challenge? Can you do better? Let's see!!!

Last edited:
This has got to be one of the most difficult shooting challenges that I have ever tried. Credit for the idea goes to @bucketboy for this post within his original post on "Sweetener". I just "turned it up to 11".

Here is my video showing the challenge and how it is done:

For this challenge, I was shooting at a 3/8" flat steel washer. The actual physical dimensions of the washers I was using is 0.44" I.D., with a 1.01" O.D. I was shooting this with a 22cal shooting just under 40FPE at 25 yards. We had sustained wind of about 11MPH, and it was shifting all over the place. You can see the wind flag from the camera that was behind me while I was shooting. It was flip-flopping all over the place.

I think I'd like to try this again with more washers (in case I do as bad as I did in this take), and wait for a little less or at least more consistent wind. I am also thinking that I'd rather use fishing line or something more resilient next time too, but I wonder if it would be pliable enough to allow the washers to spin freely. Polyester or Nylon thread, perhaps? If you have knowledge here, that would be appreciated! 👍

Anyway, I did my best, but tanked. What are your thoughts on this challenge? Can you do better? Let's see!!!
Ha ha, as though glueing a washer to he board and shooting through the whole wasn’t difficult enough you decided to hang them from a thread, in the wind where they could not only swing but rotate also🤪🤪🤪

Bonkers😁😁😁

Bb

As @poncho83 said, this challenge is QUITE fun!! I tried it again, and I actually nailed two this time!! Woo Hoo!! Here are the results you can witness for yourself:

Here is a close-up of one of the successful shots:
20240417_104118.jpg

Here is the other one:
20240417_104158.jpg

You can see the crazy conditions I was shooting in, in the video...and I STILL managed to pass through two of them!! I am super-happy with these results! Let me know what you think!

Reactions: rc4fun