Shooting the red wolf at 201 yards, 25Cal, first time with slugs

Finally got my 25 caliber RedWolf barrel mated to an action with a Heli board. I really wanted to give it my best shot trying slugs in 25, the Heli board is a huge advantage.

I shot these two groups today at 201 yards. I was pretty impressed. I was dealing with huge Mirage issues.

I would say this combo has huge potential.

mike

C135E19D-2469-453B-AE3A-D731F91C4372.1640145148.jpeg

Reactions: rigbymauser
hi mate.

glad to see you stretching the legs on your .25 Redwolf, i have the same combo as yourself and fitted a helliboard which i must say is a great bit of kit and after a bit of re-programing i have got myself a good tune with 25.4 g fx pellets, 33.95g king heavy mk2 ,and 26g jsb hades all on one setting.

once the crap weather over here in England gets better i would like to find a good tune on my helliboard for 33g zans as i found them to group excellent with my Daystate factory board and would like to see what a faster velocity provides.in accuracy at 200 yards.

Paul25

I am going to hang up the 25 for a bit, and spend some time with the 22 and the 17 at long range. I’ll be candid, I bought a couple different slugs in 25, tried them, they shot OK, I don’t feel like investing another couple hundred dollars to try all the different slugs until I find the magic one.

I really need to buy a hell a board for the 25 if I’m going to go after it.

Plus, I want to invest some time in my 257 scandalous.

mike

Jc 

I am not sure if the barrels are choked or not, Others on the general forum could answer that. I have the newest barrel on both my 17 and 22.

I scrubbed my 22 and 25 barrels with JB bore paste when I received it. I believe it smoothed it out significantly. I did not scrub the 17 as I didn’t want not want to do damage to it.

I removed the shroud from the 22. I no longer am convinced that that’s a big move.

mike