• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shooting the HW44 today

Shot the "5-shots" target today with my HW44. Bench rested from a low ballhead mount. Trying the relatively new H&N Baracuda FT pellets in 9.57 grains. The tin says "hand selected" whatever that means. All I know is I've never shot such consistent pellets straight from can. I'm a sorter and I'm used to JSB which need extreme sorting in my opinion. Anyways here's my final target sheet. Finished up on the lower right target.

61A1E22E-09DD-4431-9D81-7C00C32E27BA.jpeg

Hello @rsfrid

OK Ross I can see the one shot at each target......where did the other four go :ROFLMAO:

That is some powerful "out of the tin" shooting.

I have some of the Baracuda FT but the tin does not say " hand sorted quality", that is some really good pellets and some super shooting on your part (y)

ThomasT

Hello @rsfrid

OK Ross I can see the one shot at each target......where did the other four go :ROFLMAO:

That is some powerful "out of the tin" shooting.

I have some of the Baracuda FT but the tin does not say " hand sorted quality", that is some really good pellets and some super shooting on your part (y)

ThomasT
These are new pellets. The new batch has the hand sorted blurb. I am really impressed. Steve at AEAC used them in testing the HW44 at 50 yards and was impressed. The trigger is only 7 oz.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Very nice. Need to give those a try, I have one or three of the old tins. My HW44 is hogging down the Hades, probably time for a change in diet so it doesn't grow another bulge on the grip.
Look for the new ones with the new label. These are not the older FTs. Those were no better than JSB. I shot a bunch of JSB S100 wadcutter "match" pellets after I shot this target and those were all over. They were poor compared to the H&N. I have some QYS match that shoot extremely well also. So my JSB are relegated to my Diana Airbug - they don't deserve any better!

Look for the new ones with the new label. These are not the older FTs. Those were no better than JSB. I shot a bunch of JSB S100 wadcutter "match" pellets after I shot this target and those were all over. They were poor compared to the H&N. I have some QYS match that shoot extremely well also. So my JSB are relegated to my Diana Airbug - they don't deserve any better!
Somehow I don't have a tin so I'll have to order some. I'm sure I had the old version, they were nothing special on 4 guns I ran them through.

I did find a tin worth another go...ran a few 5 shot groups of Baracuda Match from the 10 m line, quite pleased with them considering the ladder rest setup and 2x optic.

Not many pellets the HW44 doesn't like.
1667873002828.png
1667872981003.png

1667873038684.png

Somehow I don't have a tin so I'll have to order some. I'm sure I had the old version, they were nothing special on 4 guns I ran them through.

I did find a tin worth another go...ran a few 5 shot groups of Baracuda Match from the 10 m line, quite pleased with them considering the ladder rest setup and 2x optic.

Not many pellets the HW44 doesn't like.
View attachment 303825View attachment 303824
View attachment 303826
I've tried these and they aren't bad. But I stand amazed at the FT version.

I was looking at your target and in the lower right hand corner it shows that you have to touch to 10 ring to score a ten with two rings. Up in the middle of the target it shows the inner ring is .177 and the outer ring is ,22 it seems to me to be backwards using the leaded edge scoring. Maybe I'm missing something? Go slow, I am an old, hardheaded. Dutchman.

I was looking at your target and in the lower right hand corner it shows that you have to touch to 10 ring to score a ten with two rings. Up in the middle of the target it shows the inner ring is .177 and the outer ring is ,22 it seems to me to be backwards using the leaded edge scoring. Maybe I'm missing something? Go slow, I am an old, hardheaded. Dutchman.
Hello @rhbrink

I believe you have misread the statement. When shooting at the target and you pellet hits to the outside of the 10-Ring you would receive a 9-score. If your pellet was still outside of the "center" of the 10-Ring but it touched and or tore the Ring itself, then you would count that as a 10.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
Shot the "5-shots" target today with my HW44. Bench rested from a low ballhead mount. Trying the relatively new H&N Baracuda FT pellets in 9.57 grains. The tin says "hand selected" whatever that means. All I know is I've never shot such consistent pellets straight from can. I'm a sorter and I'm used to JSB which need extreme sorting in my opinion. Anyways here's my final target sheet. Finished up on the lower right target.

View attachment 303625
"hand selected " Maybe the hand reaches into the 55 gallon barrel full and scoops out a hand full ?😉

Reactions: rsfrid