Shooting tethered? (sort of)........

I know what tethered shooting is and have watched the competitive shooters do it from the benchrest With full-size scuba tanks. And way back when the PRIEST was still in the development process they said you could put a small carbon fiber tank in your backpack with a line running to the airgun and shoot it like that—a major feature at the time. Does anyone utilize their Airgun in this manner? Can you do it with any airgun? Really wanna know for pesting in target-rich environments. All shooting off hand with plenty of mags.

for pesting in my opinion, its better to carry a bottle and just fill to keep the gun free and maneuverable ... but 2 points - assuming you fill your own bottles, you can fill a tank you want to tether on to your guns fill max pressure and effectively youve enlarged your tank ... and you might consider a good sized 'gun' cf bottle to carry like a .5L .. set up nicely with a streamlined reg/fill assembly AND a foster connector directly on it, you could likely fill without a hose with minimal air loss a couple three times .. nice compact gogetum bottle lol .. yes im building one, waiting on this ultra sweet fill setup i ordered from china lol ..

8BD613F2-4785-4D32-8FDC-79708067C3AE.1632509295.jpeg
I use a 500cc carbon fiber bottle with a 3 ft microbore hose. I shoot all my Weihrauch rifles tethered when doing extended pellet testing. They are all fill probes. Never. had any problems. I fill the bottle with my 45 min SCBA to 200 bar, hook it up and get 200 plus shots before a refill. Sure makes it more fun and less. interruptions 

You either need to fill your large tank to no more pressure than your gun is rated for and direct connect, or have some type of regulator between the large tank and your gun. I have a Ninja bottle regulated for 3000 PSI output so am able to fill it to 4000 or more, attach directly to my gun which is either max fill of 3000 or 3650, and shoot until the 90 cubic inch Ninja runs dry. I've never run it dry, so have no idea how many shots that is.

It's nice at the range so I can shoot and shoot and shoot without stopping to refil

I wish to go hunting/pesting and shooting offhand , with the regulated bottle in a backpack! Like the original Priest was advertised—-anyone doing this?

What hunting/pesting situation do you have where you need a tethered bottle? How many shots does the airgun you plan to use get on a full charge without a tethered bottle and how many shots do you anticipate needing for one hunting/pesting venture?

Just curious.

In a local junkyard the shots are “unlimited” at night. There are rats everywhere from 15 to 50 yds. Fast and furious shooting—just walking around shooting off-hand. Cheap digital night vision now but saving for a thermal as coyotes are my passion. Also shooting pigeons and birds at night at local farms presents unlimited shots. Am getting too old to stay out til the sun comes up. But I totally love shooting and have come home with very few pellets left in a tin after a looong night of shooting rats or birds. I have Edguns, Daystates, AGT’s, Benjamin’s, Taipans, and FX and an Evol .22. 

I used to shoot my Co2 guns tethered with a coiled plastic line. Only did it a few times as it interfered with my shooting too often. . JDS airman used to be a big help with this kind of thing but he disappeared a year or two back. 

So I did this to my 2240 and loved it. It shot great this way for tens of thousands of shots.

Over a twenty year period it morphed into this. I secured the valve better and changed the tank and now run at 1400psi. Is it done yet?

If you can find a way to secure a small tank to the gun you are better off.

I do shoot tethered, off of a bench, regularly at the range though. I get hundreds of shots from my Impact and SK-19 from a little 90ci tank.