Shooting table suggestions?

Hello, 

I only have a super rickety table to shoot from and sorely need to upgrade. Was looking at the Caldwell Stable Table and related products but then I saw a video of someone shooting from an impressive looking garage work bench. It looks way more significant than the Stable Table, etc. I'll post links to both below. I'm also open to other suggestions or ideas. I mostly just want something that is solid and will provide a good base to shoot from.

I also tend to like the idea of the work bench because of it's length, I have room for a chronograph in front of the gun. The shooting benches all seem to be very limited in length. Thoughts?

Typical work bench I'm looking at

Caldwell Stable Table

A different Caldwell Stable Table

One more table

Thank you!

Cliff

I like the Stable Table with the gray top & seat. Much more stable than the foldable/collapsable one.

Buy directly off the Caldwell site and use discount code 'candg' which is a 25% off code for new customers. Free shipping and I saw the price in my cart drop to $176.99 (plus tax I think, depending on where you live).

https://www.caldwellshooting.com/rests/benches/the-stable-table/252552.html#start=1

I've actually got one at my 25 and one at my 50 yard ranges - use them all the time. Work well whether shooting off bipod, bag(s) or a shooting rest. I've got concrete pavers under each foot.

IMG_1173.1614048725.JPG

IMG_1191B.1614048856.jpg

I like the Stable Table with the gray top & seat. Much more stable than the foldable/collapsable one.

Buy directly off the Caldwell site and use discount code 'candg' which is a 25% off code for new customers. Free shipping and I saw the price in my cart drop to $176.99 (plus tax I think, depending on where you live).

I've actually got one at my 25 and one at my 50 yard ranges - use them all the time. Work well whether shooting off bipod, bag(s) or a shooting rest. I've got concrete pavers under each foot.

IMG_1173.1614048725.JPG

Hey! I've got a Crown and a Stinger rest also! Great looking setup and thank you for sharing the pic and experience! I tend to really lean in when shooting from a bench and tend to push the gun forward, hence my apprehension about such a short table space. Your pic, while very nice and appreciated, sadly seems to be confirming my apprehension. 

Thanks again!

Cliff

Do yourself a favor and build one of these!

Airgun Advisor: Easy DIY Shooting Bench

https://youtu.be/P53BcTSwGFA

Oh man, I think you have me sold. I'm a carpenter in a former life and kind of discouted the idea of building one myself out of sheer lack of interest but that looks way too easy. I can even add a couple of feet to the length no problem to account for a chronograph and also have that fantastic cut-out shape. Thank you so much for sharing that!!!

Cliff

My boys and I made the same bench as Airgun Advisor, it is awesome. I don’t want to hijack his video post but wanted to share some changes we made to ours. We adapted ours and added a couple boards to the front for a chronograph. When we switched to the FX radar, we took them off because it looked goofy. We also used 4x4 legs and just braced them to make it lighter,so we could move it around, added some storage and added seats, which we also took off. We got some used, adjustable office chairs instead. We used pressure treated lumber underneath and Trex for the top. I’m a lefty and both of my boys shoot right handed. I’m going to make the top a bit wider because we tend to bump elbows, something to consider. 

It’s a super bench design, easy to adapt to your needs and is quick to build.

Stoti

6CACC5AA-CD2E-4560-AF3B-2F671935C3FA.1614052994.jpeg

I use the Caldwell Stable Table Lite. The "collapsible" one with the folding seat. By design it is light, compact, and easy to move. The tradeoff is some ultimate stability but it is plenty stable unless one was wanting to climb on top of it. I've had a heavy rifle on a very heavy Caldwell Precision shooting rest (probably 20 lbs) and a rear bag on it along with some miscellaneous stuff as well and it is quite solid for the design. You can wiggle it with a hand but once seated it settles in solidly for shooting. Something more rigid would probably be advantageous if the unit was going to be permanently located but it serves my needs very well.

Reactions: Cliff_Allen
I use the Caldwell Stable Table Lite. The "collapsible" one with the folding seat. By design it is light, compact, and easy to move. The tradeoff is some ultimate stability but it is plenty stable unless one was wanting to climb on top of it. I've had a heavy rifle on a very heavy Caldwell Precision shooting rest (probably 20 lbs) and a rear bag on it along with some miscellaneous stuff as well and it is quite solid for the design. You can wiggle it with a hand but once seated it settles in solidly for shooting. Something more rigid would probably be advantageous if the unit was going to be permanently located but it serves my needs very well.

I use this as well. Like bandg said once you sit down and settle in it mostly solid. It's lightweight and there is a little flex.

Reactions: Cliff_Allen
I find I need a fairly long table.... Also good to have spare room to move your gun aside or maybe even work on it if need be..... things to consider :) I made a folding table. It is light, compact, and I use it inside of my house to shoot out of the back door. Otherwise I would have made it a little bit wider/longer. Possibly with a recess like others as well. I sit behind it to use it with one leg under it. The legs angle out a little bit for stability.

DSC_0576.1614136802.JPG
DSC_0578.1614136832.JPG