Shooting table suggestions?

I like to use the plastic top tables with the folding legs and a folding chair. Not the tables that have the top that fold in half. You can get the table and chair from places like Walmart and Costco's. They have them in 4ft. 5ft. 6ft and 8ft. The 4ft. table would work just for shooting and you could get the 6ft. to put the chronograph on too.

Hello everyone,

I have built three Benchrests and each one used in a different location.

Photo #1 is my all aluminum “mobile” BR that I use most of the time inside my shop. I know the “old timers” will tell you to not have the seat attached to the table for better stability but the extra wide spacing of the wheel and the “three-point” stance works really well on this BR.

Photo #2 & 2A, is a heavy “three-point” stance all wood BR that I have now moved inside my house that allows me to shoot in all kinds of weather conditions. If it is not raining and the wind is not too bad I can shoot from this BR in the extreme cold to the super hot Summer conditions.

Photo #3 is the biggest and heaviest BR that is set up outside on my back porch. This is an all wood “four-point” stance BR. I used a four-point design because it is located on a solid flat concrete foundation.

ThomasT

1 Benchrest.jpg
2 Benchrest.jpg
2A Benchrest.jpg
3 Benchrest.jpg

This table has folding legs.

AMAZON used to sell them.

Scrap plywood top.

This table has served me well for 12 years.

In the yard and in Wyoming chasing prairie rats.

Too stable..View attachment 142969

There is a youTube video..
I made one of these and I don't like the legs or not too stable for back and forth motion. But they are portable and fold up.

I know you will cringe at the price. This is the best bench, period. You can make great benches, but if you ever need to take it, this one is fantastic. A stable bench is huge for accuracy.

I have a DOA shooting bench https://www.doashootingbench.com/
It is very robust, portable but fairly heavy because of the H.D. quality components used, however she is rock solid when you set it up. Not inexpensive but it will last several lifetimes. Military Veteran built, NRA competition approved, military competition approved, me approved. Very pleased.

Tim

Reactions: maxtrouble