Shooting table/bench

Not knowing where you live, be sure to go below the frost line to prevent winter, if you get that kind of cold, from heaving the posts and ruining a nice flat plane.
I always thought if I built one i would cement 2” or 2 1/2” galvanized pipe into holes. The pipes would have threads on them and screw on flanges. Making sure the pipes were all at a depth so that all when checked with a bubble level would be perfect. The flange makes easy attachment of the top and if not under a roof like cover could be easily changed if weather eventually ruined it. It would be easy to make a tent like cover to prevent weather damage. If not under a roof like covering it would be easy to add a mount or hole for a good patio umbrella to keep the sun off of you. A stool could be stored up off the ground under the table with hooks or latches to keep the weather off of it as well. Most ranges have the “T” style bench tops for right and left hand shooters. Yours of course can be made for what ever handed you are.

Reactions: DMS
Not knowing where you live, be sure to go below the frost line to prevent winter, if you get that kind of cold, from heaving the posts and ruining a nice flat plane.
I always thought if I built one i would cement 2” or 2 1/2” galvanized pipe into holes. The pipes would have threads on them and screw on flanges. Making sure the pipes were all at a depth so that all when checked with a bubble level would be perfect. The flange makes easy attachment of the top and if not under a roof like cover could be easily changed if weather eventually ruined it. It would be easy to make a tent like cover to prevent weather damage. If not under a roof like covering it would be easy to add a mount or hole for a good patio umbrella to keep the sun off of you. A stool could be stored up off the ground under the table with hooks or latches to keep the weather off of it as well. Most ranges have the “T” style bench tops for right and left hand shooters. Yours of course can be made for what ever handed you are.
Great idea on the pipes and threads for changing tops. I do for sure have to go below the frost line here in Wisconsin. Love the patio umbrella too. Maybe I'll do that until I build a permanent roof. Thanks!

This worked good for me and wasn’t hard to build.

1D30115D-1CB4-4B72-AE1D-6260D3C7667E.png

BAE105F0-128D-42EB-9E1D-68898AB186C3.png

A0830A67-3FD8-4070-8AA1-8758294BE00D.png

C44F57AD-7009-4529-9F03-BBCCC47F4106.jpeg

C37DE210-B098-4A4F-8410-A5B191A35FA5.jpeg

9EBEBC94-4F92-41DB-9B6E-CF7DDD7B4DB6.jpeg

01BD2E9A-7001-4F64-98CD-5783D0F810B7.jpeg

Reactions: DMS