• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

shooting sticks ... carbon fiber ... DIY ... recycled golf club shafts

Made some shooting sticks out of REALLY EXPENSIVE carbon fiber golf club shafts.

My customer, and skateboarding cohort from high school, is a golf pro at a club near me and gave me some of the broken shafts because he knew I wanted to make a stock for my PP700. I didn't do that.

I love shooting sticks but personally prefer lightweight natural wood. Made these for a GTA & AGN member and buddy.

The steel pin at pivot joint is welded at one end to prevent slipping out and the other end is welded to the tubing itself. Epoxy is AWESOME. The ends of the CF tubing are capped with spikes at the bottom and at the top internally supported from collapse with an epoxied metal insert.

Carbon Fiber Stix
Total Weight = 5.4oz (152grams)
Length = 30"

Filbert / Hazelnut Wood Stix
Total Weight = 5.6oz (158grams)
Length = 28"

IMG_20210403_165952_02.1617535922.jpg
IMG_20210403_165952_03.1617535922.jpg
IMG_20210403_165952_01.1617535923.jpg

3/4" round steel tubing for the pivot joint

1/2" round aluminum tubing for the feet

All from Homers and fits well WITH epoxy. The welded pin at swivel just a has a dab of weld at one end to prevent slipping through, then inserted, then just a quick stab of the TIG welder to anchor the other side of the pin to the 3/4" tubing, then quick immersion in water for rapid cool to not upset the epoxy.

This cannot be done with aluminum tubing, too much welding heat input. it could have threaded but I am a welder so... I weld things.