Shooting Stick or rest while pesting?

"Bob_O"Unless you're in a truly overwhelmed area where the birds come all year long, it might be a bit slow for you this time of year....like it is with me.
Winter is the best where I'm at. When the birds cant find food anywhere but the farm, due to snow cover, the shooting is constant.
You might be right (in fact no doubt you are Bob!)

I have been targeting them coming and going from nesting sites, which is slow but I seem to get 3 or 4 and up to 10 each trip! 

Bob.. you're videos are 1st class BTW .. Thank you for your contribution to this 

Lucky

"JohnL57"Welcome!
I have built several pairs of sticks, they'r easy to make and work great. I use 1x1s and pad the cradle with leather strap. If you can support your back against a tree, fencepost or chair they make a very steady shooting rest.
1527090860_488760265b058eacbcf757.82883868_DSCF5908.JPG

The only drawback to this design is they don't adjust for height much. I dealt with that by making 3 sets of different heights. There are lots of shooting sticks available online, a friend has the Vanguard brand which are pretty nice.
JohnL57,
I'm looking at your Marauder. Is that an aftermarket stock, or did you cut down the factory stock.

Sorry, I don't mean to stray from topic, but I gotta know.