Shooting steel at 400 yards with .22 Impact

download.png

download.png

download.png

Now that ELR airgunning has become more excepted and we have a Long Range Shooting section, I thought I would share some short videos from a little over a year ago. 

At that time I was working on getting consistent sub MOA groups at 300 yards on paper. (300 is the farthest we can hang paper at this range) Between rounds, while waiting for some of the other shooters to finish, I would get bored and start picking on random stuff at 400+yards. 

Being the only airgunner on the big bore range, I was getting some strange looks and a lot of questions. I figured the easiest way to show them what I was up to, and that I wasn't crazy, was to attach my phone to my scope so they could see it for themselves in real time. The video below shows the distance better. 

download.png

20211219_204836.1641045278.jpg
20211219_203924.1641045299.jpg

Reactions: Ignoto
That is awesome stuff! I’m glad you came out of the closet and started posting.

A while back I was shooting groups out at 200, and people were having trouble believing them. So I made a video and posted it. I also made one hitting three tin cans in a row at 200 yards. But you are shooting way beyond, which is way cool. 

I spent the last couple weeks expanding my range out to 300…

happy new year!

mike

Fantastic shooting!!! I’ll have to wait for end of this year before I gain access to the range beyond 300 yards, can’t wait! Even installed the impact slug power kit so now I’m good and as ready as I can be for life beyond 300 yards. LOL 

BTW: been to the range about 10 times in the last 2 months and without fail I was the only one with airgun at the range and sometimes the only person at the 300 yard range. Cracks me up to see I very often get much better groups at 100 yards than most people outside the few precision guys zeroing/testing their load. I actually would get better 50 yard groups than the rimfire guys with wind flags at 50 yards. 

I am also the only one with "airgun only" at my 500+ members gun club. When I asked them what ranges I can shoot they just look at me and sent me to 20 :)

I am shooting from bench the 100 meters but mostly the 22LR is empty and this became my favourite spot, peace and quiet... ppl just passing by to see who is that crazy guy making bam-bam-bam-bam - and a half a tin is gone in two hours ;)

But right next two lanes are the 200 and 400 meter distances, and I am building now a one piece rest for my Impact. The design is almost done and hoping to finish it before snow melts (Eastern Ontario here)

Reactions: qball