• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

shooting PSI "Sweet Spot"

I'm pretty much a newbie, but it didn't take long for me to learn that most any air gun has a preference for a particular source pressure. If you can get your hands on a chronograph and have some time, you can determine where the 'sweet-spot' for your gun is as well as how many shots you can get at that pressure. It's my understand that this is why regulators are used in some high end guns, to keep the pressure as nearly constant as possible.

Radia, Before putting a regulator in my Air Arms 500/510 series rifles they had a "sweet spot" around 170 down to 155 bar or so also, so I would say yes they can and do!! My advice to you unless you are looking for maximum power out put is put a regulator in it if one is available (HUMA) ?) and the whole fill we be one big sweet spot till it falls of of the set regulator pressure!! You will probably get many extra shots from a tank of air as the bonus!! Good Luck!! J.L.