• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Shooting like a Brit

Pale_Rider

Feb 16, 2019
US
A few weeks ago I picked up a Webley Raider 10 from the AOA classifieds. The price was low so I knew something had to be wrong with it. Sure enough it was a leaker. No big deal I thought and placed the order.

Got the rifle a few days later and started taking it apart to reseal when I came upon a hurdle I’ve never encountered: An anti-tamper screw. This meant two things: This rifle was built for the sub 12 UK market and the anti tamper screw will need to be drilled out. No biggie. Drilled a small hole into it then used a screw removal bit. With this out of the way I was able to successfully reseal the rifle.

Finally got to shoot it today and oh boy is she accurate! Ragged holes at 25 yards with everything I fed it. The cocking is butter smooth due to the plastic ball bearings on the hammer guide. The trigger is light and predictable. The shot cycle is short and tame. It only shoots at 11.5 fpe and is very quiet due to the shroud having 4” of baffles. Not only does this rifle perform well but I like the traditional look. The walnut stock has nice lines and the finger groove on the forestock provides a secure grip. The blued tube is a nice touch. Shoots like a Daystate Revere, looks like an FX Tarantula

51B7B6C8-B169-4FF2-827D-3E1060E3424E.jpeg

7768C0EC-A9D0-4225-8A39-CB0CD3204B6E.jpeg