• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Shooting HW70 better than HW75..huh!

Makes no sense at all.The 70 is a recoiling spring gun with ok trigger and the 75 is nearly a recoiless gun with beautiful trigger. I'm practicing in my garage at 20' shooting one handed to see if I still can shoot bullseye style.(no I can't BTW) and this shouldn't be happening.

heck I'll dig out the Tempest and LP53 for a real challenge 😄

I have had a similar experience recently...
Got a Feinwerkbau P34 match pistol with a Rink anatomical grip, had it for eight years but now can hardly shoot it straight. 🤷
A few months back I picked up a FAS 604 SSP, it needs pressurising for every shot, has a shorter sight base and the grip is too big for me, but I am getting good groups with it.
This has pretty much made me decide to sell the P34 and have the 604 as my primary target pistol.

Hoping I don't regret it... 😕

Reactions: harrympope
it might have everything to do with balance, where the weight is in your hand
at least that could be with the HW75 and HW70
and also with the FWB 34 and FAS 604
the FAS is .4 of and pound lighter and would be a shorter overall pistol making the pistol have more weight forward
but those thoughts are conjecture
and if you can shoot a Tempest, one of the harshest shooting little spring pistols better than a HW75 all i will say is wow

Reactions: Modski66
Decades ago we were shooting the Beeman P3/HW40 in a league. $200 Then came the P17. $25. It was later discovered that people were taking the barrels out of their P17’s and installing them in their P3/HW40’s for improved accuracy. Mine shoots unbelievable. I have given many away. I don’t shoot it much because my arthritis doesn’t like the cocking effort. Hence the Ruger MKIV.

I wish I could shoot my springer pistol well. I frequently take it out just because I find the process of loading and shooting it fun, but accuracy is also fun, and I am not accurate with my Diana P5. I want to buy an HW70, but I keep putting it off until/unless I get a little more skilled in this springer shooting. Funny thing is I had no trouble learning how to shoot my HW30 but the pistol is harder for me.

I do enjoy my Beeman P2 for basement range shooting.

IMG_0052.jpeg