Shooting from the right position with Taipan?

Hello friends, 

How many of you with Taipan (please specify model and caliber) shoot right? Not from a table, bipod or lying on the ground?

I'm waiting to put on sale Taipan Veteran Standard 25...but I started to think about Short because I think I just shoot right only.

In addition, I am 169 centimeters tall and short-handed - if I take Taipan Veteran Standard 25 plus Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP optics then the rifle will go to 4.2 kilograms ... Now my Hatsan 125 TH Vortex 22 with optics weighs 5.5 kilograms and I can not shoot for a long time and ask for that?

Thanks in advance!

PP. Suggest me a rest to use for zeroing the optics as well as servicing the rifle?

I watched Vanguard Porta-Aim, Tipton, MTM and the Caldwell Fieldpod (Magnum and Max) but I still can not choose ...

Of course, those of Caldwell Fieldpod I can also use if I choose to shoot at a longer distance than with the Hatsan 125 TH Vortex 22 ...

Hope for advice from you.

Greetings.

I use a Primos trigger stick when hunting. For me, trying to hit something the size of a squirrel's head off hand is not an easy task. For shooting off of the bench, I use Caldwell shooting bags.

I understand your concern about a heavy gun. But if I were you I would go with the standard in .25 over the shorty. My reasoning is shot count. I just like to have at least 40 shots on a fill. If you don't feel you need that many shots, get the shorty, I absolutely love mine in .22. Hope this helps.

Most likely you are right :) For now, my only concerns about Taipan Veteran Standard 25 is whether it will be very hard with my optics to shoot right while I'm walking in the woods ...

I asked Bizill, and he wrote to me that his rifle with his optic weighed and so he fired from a bipod and a table and I was a little bit of him ...

For Taipan I have no worries (already) as a brand and qualities but only as I wrote I'm worried about the weight...

For the Hatsan 125 TH Vortex 22 things are clear to me - a long, heavy and not accurate rifle ... and even my factory is 12.6 ftp = 17 J which is far from their "glorious" power ...