Shooting copper slugs from a few airguns with custom barrels

One must be VERY aware of IN-Bore-Drag
A Gilded Slug ( electro plated ) is one thing being its resistance to taking the compressive forces of barrels rifling in no more than a bare lead slug.
A Jacketed slug ( Actual metal encasement ) is going to need a LOT more energy to overcome the rifling biting into it for it to pass down barrel.
As such you will be loosing much efficiency and shooting slower.

Moral being ... A jacketed slug may STICK in bore and not make it out unless rifle shot from has some very serious power !!!
Don't try shooting jacketed in a conventional air gun barrel .. it will not pass !!

JMO on said subject

One must be VERY aware of IN-Bore-Drag
A Gilded Slug ( electro plated ) is one thing being its resistance to taking the compressive forces of barrels rifling in no more than a bare lead slug.
A Jacketed slug ( Actual metal encasement ) is going to need a LOT more energy to overcome the rifling biting into it for it to pass down barrel.
As such you will being loosing much efficiency and shooting slower.

Moral being ... A jacketed slug may STICK in bore and not make it out unless rifle shot from has some very serious power !!!

JMO on said subject
I guess you didn’t watch the video or read my post I said these airguns had custom barrels on them to shoot these slugs also over 20 big game animals have already been taken with these setups while they were prototype testing these barrels

You can tell in the video the velocity is there

I did indeed ... OTHERS who see this will be quick to try it in there rifles & completely MISS or not relate to your rifles having special/custom barrels for that purpose shown.

That ability in shooting such "Bullets" is very cool indeed ... So nothing against you or your post made ;)

Last edited:
In general, start pressure from a true firearm with a monometal bullet is 3625+psi.
So you should have shaven that rifling down to next of nothing, and thats what you probably did plus some HBn or the like to reduce friction even further?

Good on you but hardly usefull to the avarege Joe on here ;-)
Unless you're promoting a severe discount on converting an airgun to a state where it will never shoot lead again.
But that just me!