Shooting coach in Fredrick Maryland

Your not in English class, and don’t need to be either, ignore the stupid derp derp spelling comment. You’ll find lots of great help here to help you make your decision, most folks are more than willing to help a airgun brother or sister. You might want to look at the DAR .177, they are under $300 and a member here(Shambozzie) just got one he really likes. PCP is probably where you want to start if you want to shoot long distance. Not that some springer guns wouldn’t work. I have a fusion in my neck and it makes cocking break barrels difficult. Good luck with your search and with the starlings!

I’m in Bel Air. If you don’t have a dive shop near you’ll likely need a compressor. Nobody likes hand pumping. There’s a possibility I could make a trip sometime. 

How far do you want to shoot?

you may want to look into a shooting bench or you can shoot off a tripod when gives a lot of adjustment for neck.

my dad had neck fusion, so I feel for you that’s a tough road. 

I have experience shooting in the military with iron sights I have bolts in my neck having a hard time with using and finding right scope fit.

I have a small farm and the starlings are driving me nuts. 

And for spelling comment I didn't know I was in English class. Get a life

I also have a plate, screws and donor bone in my neck, and have daily issues from it. I use higher scope mounts than ideal, and also have my scopes further back than most, which allows me to practice a bit longer. I am always looking for solutions to overcome these limitations. Welcome to this insanity, stick around and take some things with a grain of salt. There are many wonderful people and a wealth of information and help available here. 

Scott

Thanks for the support to all y'all.

I already have a

Benjamin Marauder. 22 scoped 

Benjamin Armada .25 scoped

Diana .177 springer iron sights

The diana is too loud to shoot around horses. I wish there was a gunsmithing shop that could help set the two scopes up properly to start, I can't just keep experimenting and buying different mounts. I'm in Thurmont the armada is pretty useless for shooting off hand too heavy the marauder is decent but I can't get consistent shot group. And the starlings won't let me get closer than a hundred yards or farther. They see me with a gun they are gone I come out without the gun they stay. I feel like Elmer Fud.

Thanks again to all the cool people 

Your not in English class, and don’t need to be either, ignore the stupid derp derp spelling comment. You’ll find lots of great help here to help you make your decision, most folks are more than willing to help a airgun brother or sister. You might want to look at the DAR .177, they are under $300 and a member here(Shambozzie) just got one he really likes. PCP is probably where you want to start if you want to shoot long distance. Not that some springer guns wouldn’t work. I have a fusion in my neck and it makes cocking break barrels difficult. Good luck with your search and with the starlings!

Tell me about it, what a way to welcome a new guy....I think some folks are getting too comfortable in their free membership here on AGN. 

Just another example of low self esteem putting others down to make themselves feel better, I guess.

Tony, you need a blind lol! Once local starlings figure out what you are up to they get crazy smart. I have a group of black birds that hang out here and since I never shoot them they are pretty tame, but the starlings will try and sneak in to feed with the blackbirds lol! I’m definitely Elmer Fudd to the local starlings around here, they are totally on to me. Slow movement and eye contact with a pause will set these starlings packing. I found that spreading the light colored millet bird seed on the ground really attracts them. Maybe set up a shooting station in a wheelbarrow and act like you’re doing chores and the starlings will let you get close lol! One time anyway. The marauder should be able to deliver decent groups out to 50 yards I would think. Have you tried a bunch of different pellets to find the best one? And if you haven’t, maybe try shooting off of two bags, a front bag and a rear small bag on the butt of the rifle so the rifle is super steady. Keep us posted on your success with the adventure!

@Tonyb13. Since your goal is out to 100 yds its time we look at ballistics in regard to your pcp's and how they are expected to perform at that distance. One of the best Teachers is Strelok which is free. I suggest you pay the $12 bucks and be done. Once proper info is intered you can teach yourself. Download the free app. Google how to use said app. Get a good supply of pellets. Jsb 18.1 for the .22. Jsb 25.4 and jsb 33.9 mk ll for the .25. Lots of air and trigger time will get you there. Have at it.
Screenshot_20210521-203357.1621644430.png

First thing I need to do with my neck issue is make the gun I have more comfortable so I can enjoy shooting it I'm having a hell of a time with my sight picture through the scope and getting into comfortable shooting position. I need to find a real deal gunsmith who has selection of scope mounts that I can try out.

I will check out the app you suggested thanks.

These starlings are evil my wife was a total tree hunger wouldn't kill a spider in the house she has killed a couple of young ones with a broom in the chicken coop beating them to death.caught a couple by hand for me to break their necks..

I tried setting out food for them they just won't touch it.I watch the starling shooting videos like pic.

Please do check out Strelok. A chrony and range finder would be a big help. To give you some idea how the app work this is the data from a Dar .177 i have. It will even figure out your best zero distance for you. In this example the gun is zeroed @ 45 yds. Your starlings are @ 100 yds. Plug in the distance, then click or holdover. I think you would love it.
Screenshot_20210522-073836.1621684203.png
Screenshot_20210522-074013.1621684224.png
Screenshot_20210522-073900.1621684267.png
Screenshot_20210522-073927.1621684299.png
Screenshot_20210522-074038.1621684320.png

Tony, I shoot in the head up position only. I have a pile of bags that I arrange to fit whatever rifle I’m shooting. When I’m ready to shoot, all I need to do is move up to the rifle and it’s already in the right position. In the photo is my rifle set up for my 100 yard target, it’s uphill so there’s no other way for me. My shooting sessions are pretty short when it’s uphill. I have developed terrible shooting habits but it’s the only way I can shoot, prone is completely impossible for me lol! Google BKL Technologies and look at the different heights of the rings and choose the tall ones. They even have dovetail risers that will make what you have now into tall rings. Reasonable price too! And whatever you do don’t leave the gun balanced in position on the bags like I did in the photo, I recently had a pistol fall to the deck doing that. I’m betting that your marauder will do pretty good groups if you get it really stable. Keep us posted on your success! And definitely post pictures of the first starling kill lol!
image.1621683201.jpg
F7759D9C-A9EC-41F0-92C2-4271816C643B.1621683259.jpeg