Shooting Benches - Why it is important

Quite possibly the most important and most over looked shooting accessory that is over looked. You guessed it! That accessory is the shooting bench. While we spend $1,000's on airguns, scopes, tanks, compressors and other accessories; we as shooters will never know the total capability of our equipment if we are not stable. In my quest for stability I have tried a great deal of options, but the Stukey Shooting Bench and Stool takes the cake for both portability and stability.

My first bench. So far; so good.

Screenshot_20230306_080853_Chrome.jpg

20230309_120548.jpg

20230328_100758.png

I think benches have to be broken into 2 categories. Permanent and portable. The best portable will only be a 7 compared to a concrete bench on a long range powder burner range. Portable benches to me vary so much because some are designed to pull out of your truck, set up and shoot. Then there are the bench’s designs that are made to carry 50-100 yards before set up. So depending on where and how you shoot determines the best bench.

I think benches have to be broken into 2 categories. Permanent and portable. The best portable will only be a 7 compared to a concrete bench on a long range powder burner range. Portable benches to me vary so much because some are designed to pull out of your truck, set up and shoot. Then there are the bench’s designs that are made to carry 50-100 yards before set up. So depending on where and how you shoot determines the best bench.
I need that setup!

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I agree.
My bench at the house is solid and purpose built. It has lasted 25 years with minimal maintenance.
I use light weight folding benches for field duty.
The ultimate portable is the shooting mat. Prone baby. Solid. Deadly. Easy to pack out.

Doc