• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shooting Bench

I'm ready to build myself a custom shooting bench/station and I'd like to see other members bench setups to give me some idea of what works best. Let us see those shooting benches.

Here's what I'm currently using. It gets the job done but it sure ain't comfortable or user friendly. I'm wanting to build something out of 3/4" plywood that's sturdy and comfortable.
20210708_112630.1626916785.jpg

Great looking benches, and some really imaginative stuff here.

I am in a new place now with lots of room to shoot, so I'll be building a shooting bench eventually. I just built a target frame and another small project, and the wood for those two was over $100, so maybe wait for lumber to come back down a bit. I have been shooting off an old picnic table, and that works for air and .22 shooting well enough. I would like to be able to move the bench for when I shoot CF, and it'll have to get shifted around for cutting the grass, so that's a feature I'll build into mine.

I am in a new place now with lots of room to shoot, so I'll be building a shooting bench eventually. I just built a target frame and another small project, and the wood for those two was over $100, so maybe wait for lumber to come back down a bit. I have been shooting off an old picnic table, and that works for air and .22 shooting well enough. I would like to be able to move the bench for when I shoot CF, and it'll have to get shifted around for cutting the grass, so that's a feature I'll build into mine.

I can't imagine what it would cost new today! Built mine a couple years ago with with reclaimed and/or scrap PT wood except the top. Top is two layers of 3/4" PT plywood, bought new. HEAVY!!!

Framed as though it was a Deck. Very stiff.

Stainless shower grab bar for lifting and moving it around. Short distances! Like for mowing...

photo_03618.1627776458.jpg

photo_03619.1627776485.jpg

photo_03620.1627776580.jpg

I can't imagine what it would cost new today! Built mine a couple years ago with with reclaimed and/or scrap PT wood except the top. Top is two layers of 3/4" PT plywood, bought new. HEAVY!!!

Framed as though it was a Deck. Very stiff.

Stainless shower grab bar for lifting and moving it around. Short distances! Like for mowing...

That's a good looking and functional bench BSJ. I like the grab bar and wheels, and that you have a platform under those rear legs. I could roll that up onto the gravel while not using it, or when I need to mow, and it looks sturdy as heck!

Thanks for posting it!

The front legs have 'feet' too. 1/2" PT to keep the end grain of the legs from direct contact with soil.

The wheels are barely touching the ground when its flat. They are set forward in the legs so that they make full contact with the ground when the rear is lifted. The front of each leg is 'notched' with a 45deg cut so that the corner won't drag when lifted too.