Shooting at 12 FPS

What's up Guys,

I've been shooting my Tactic so much in the last month (at least 3000 rounds) i've neglected my other guns so attempted to have a shoot off between my Cricket and my s510 but it didn't happen. So then i came home and set my s510 to 12 FPE and tested some JSB 15.89 grain pellets. I must give it up to my brothers overseas in England shooting without a FAC. Damn I can see that pellet leave the barrel and follow it all the way to the target LOL. Not to mention taking shots past 50 yards is crazy. So after doing some range testing I popped 3 HOSP and on Eurasian dove, only wish i got that on camera. I mounted my camera tonight after dinner and for the next week i will make some time to do some video testing. Low powered shooting is pretty cool, its the first time since i've had the s510 (2 or 3 years) that i've had the power wheel less than 3 (mid power). Grouping at 21 yards is quarter inch, shot count is crazy like 60-80 shots. The really crazy thing was it was zeroed at 21/34 yards at mid power 23 FPE but when i dropped down to 12 FPE, its now got a single zero ranging between 15-35 yard its stays at 2 mil-dot hold over but never makes it to center cross hairs. (most likely because my scope height is at 1.92 inches. Any how fellow FAC gun owners 12 FPE is also pretty cool. Wouldn't attempt to kill anything bigger than a crow but its all good. Oh also when i killed the Dove, i saw the feathers fly tail feathers spread out, and bird drop off the fence, but didn't hear that killer Pop i usually hear when bagging a bird.

As a Limey, I'm comfortable shooting wabbits out to 45yds with an 11fpe .177 HW100tk. On a good day it will group at <1" at 62yds, despite only having about 5fpe when it gets there.

The .22 Wildcat at 11fpe will only group out to about 45yds. I think the ST barrel would prefer a bit more speed. 275 shots per fill and quietness is very gratifying.

The 15-30yd zero is great with the .177, though you have to take a lot of care with ranging and wind at higher yardage.

I often to take the sub 12 rifles out when rabbiting at night, as with the quietness, the fields don't empty after the first shot!

The FAC .25 Wildcat or FAC .22 Airwolf mean I have to spend less time on my belly, stalking along hedges and ditches. I'm getting too old for that!

"Ginuwine1969"What's up Guys,

I've been shooting my Tactic so much in the last month (at least 3000 rounds) i've neglected my other guns so attempted to have a shoot off between my Cricket and my s510 but it didn't happen. So then i came home and set my s510 to 12 FPE and tested some JSB 15.89 grain pellets. I must give it up to my brothers overseas in England shooting without a FAC. Damn I can see that pellet leave the barrel and follow it all the way to the target LOL. Not to mention taking shots past 50 yards is crazy. So after doing some range testing I popped 3 HOSP and on Eurasian dove, only wish i got that on camera. I mounted my camera tonight after dinner and for the next week i will make some time to do some video testing. Low powered shooting is pretty cool, its the first time since i've had the s510 (2 or 3 years) that i've had the power wheel less than 3 (mid power). Grouping at 21 yards is quarter inch, shot count is crazy like 60-80 shots. The really crazy thing was it was zeroed at 21/34 yards at mid power 23 FPE but when i dropped down to 12 FPE, its now got a single zero ranging between 15-35 yard its stays at 2 mil-dot hold over but never makes it to center cross hairs. (most likely because my scope height is at 1.92 inches. Any how fellow FAC gun owners 12 FPE is also pretty cool. Wouldn't attempt to kill anything bigger than a crow but its all good. Oh also when i killed the Dove, i saw the feathers fly tail feathers spread out, and bird drop off the fence, but didn't hear that killer Pop i usually hear when bagging a bird.
I can often see the pellet flying from my 50ft lb .25 PCP rifles. I can always see pellets fly into the target through my scope. 900fps is fast but not so fast that a squirrel can't jump out of the way if they see it coming sometimes.