• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shooting a Fly at 50yards

I was shooting 5 shot groups at 50y with an M3 and Javelin 30gr slugs when a fly landed 1/2” below the 4 shots of my current group.
I couldn’t help it: I had to ruin the group and go for the fly…
The black dots on the paper are made with a sharpie. Sharpie dots are my targets.

IMG_8033.jpg

Nice shot. I have shot flies in registered centerfire bench rest matches thus giving up the match, lol. Back when the gypsy moths invaded Pa they released fuzzy flys to eat the larva. We used to put a piece of white paper up at 100yds to atyract them and shoot them. That was too easy so we made it 200 yds. Unfortunately those flis could not reproduce so one summer of fun and thats it.

Nice shot. I have shot flies in registered centerfire bench rest matches thus giving up the match, lol. Back when the gypsy moths invaded Pa they released fuzzy flys to eat the larva. We used to put a piece of white paper up at 100yds to atyract them and shoot them. That was too easy so we made it 200 yds. Unfortunately those flis could not reproduce so one summer of fun and thats it.
Sacrificing the match for a kill: the mark of a true hunter.

Fuzzy flies at 200y?!: That's hilarious and impressive! If I ever shoot a fly at 200 yards, I'll let you know 😵‍💫

Nice!
Yeah, I first did it one day that I forgot my targets. All I had in my car was a sharpie and 8.5x11 paper.
Now I prefer it over the most expensive targets.
Expensive targets? I spare no expense on 65# yellow paper and my inkjet. $20 250 sheets