Shooting 5023 yards

I have mixed feelings. I used to shoot ELR, heck I won a match once and hit the 2356Y steel plate during the match which was 4', but when it gets to the point of being so lucky that you rarely or might not ever hit it the fun is not there for me anymore.

It's like shooting pellets at 500Y on a 1' sized steel, you could hit it on the first shot or 300 pellets later, maybe not at all. 

Eh, I like to be able to hit a target somewhat frequently or I feel like I'm wasting time and ammo.

If I was there and they offered to let me take a few pops, yeah I'd go for it, who wouldn't lol, but otherwise I've learned doing this kind of stuff just isn't my thing.

Great channel .. a lot to lern from his channel many things applicable to our hobby especially his bipod recoil technique.. he said many times those are farms not in use when he have the permission to shoot..he live in Australia..many interesting buids in all calibers from .22lr to long range 50 BMG .. so sad that here in PR . Shooting ranges tops at 200y so no PB for me I could do 200 all day long with the Texans. 

I have mixed feelings. I used to shoot ELR, heck I won a match once and hit the 2356Y steel plate during the match which was 4', but when it gets to the point of being so lucky that you rarely or might not ever hit it the fun is not there for me anymore.

It's like shooting pellets at 500Y on a 1' sized steel, you could hit it on the first shot or 300 pellets later, maybe not at all. 

Eh, I like to be able to hit a target somewhat frequently or I feel like I'm wasting time and ammo.

If I was there and they offered to let me take a few pops, yeah I'd go for it, who wouldn't lol, but otherwise I've learned doing this kind of stuff just isn't my thing.

100% agree! If it’s not repeatable then it’s just futile exercise of luck!