Shooters moving away from RW?

The other thing is , Maybe I am different to others but I could not do all this tuning that people are doing to their FX's , I am shockingly bad at that sort off thing. My Red Wolf works a treat , It does what I want and I dont actually have to do a bunch to make it shoot right . I know you can make them better , I know that Ken can make them better and do other stuff but to be honest mine out fo the box was bang on . I would be proper scared to change anything on the FX for fear of braking it . I for one am happy with the the "out of the box " performance of my RW and would not change it for the World . Its works ,. It groups really really well and does everything I need and all I have to do is charge it ... Suits me a treat ! If I tried to tune an FX , I would have a Big bag of bits and no clue what to do with them . 

Rog

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmmmmm?

You seem to conflate can tune to must tune. Nothing prevents one from leaving the FX Impact just as it comes from the box/factory.

Tunability [sic] is a desired feature for those wishing to change calibers and make other modifications to their rifle. Therein lies just a small portion of the vaunted versatility of the modular FX Impact.

Al

The other thing is , Maybe I am different to others but I could not do all this tuning that people are doing to their FX's , I am shockingly bad at that sort off thing. My Red Wolf works a treat , It does what I want and I dont actually have to do a bunch to make it shoot right . I know you can make them better , I know that Ken can make them better and do other stuff but to be honest mine out fo the box was bang on . I would be proper scared to change anything on the FX for fear of braking it . I for one am happy with the the "out of the box " performance of my RW and would not change it for the World . Its works ,. It groups really really well and does everything I need and all I have to do is charge it ... Suits me a treat ! If I tried to tune an FX , I would have a Big bag of bits and no clue what to do with them . 

Rog

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmmmmm?

You seem to conflate can tune to must tune. Nothing prevents one from leaving the FX Impact just as it comes from the box/factory.

Tunability [sic] is a desired feature for those wishing to change calibers and make other modifications to their rifle. Therein lies just a small portion of the vaunted versatility of the modular FX Impact.

Al

I get that buddy , I know a good few people that have FX's and have done nothing with them at all , I do however think that if you have a propensity for fiddling with guns , then he FX is going to more for you than the RW. The " tuneablility" of the FX with its various configurations and barrel and slug stuff is just the thing for some people ... I can just about make toast .... I know my limit !!

Rog

There is a place for both a Redwolf and an Impact in everyones armoury, in fact I would go as far as saying they are the only two guns you need to cover everything.

The Redwolf is to Ferrari what the Impact is to Mustang, they both do their own thing beautifully, but just in different ways.

So to answer your question no this is absolutely not the end of the RW platform.

Well isn't that a flattering comparison for Daystate. BIG surprise from you Mark. :)

Maybe Ferrari and Koenigsigg would be more apt.

There is a place for both a Redwolf and an Impact in everyones armoury, in fact I would go as far as saying they are the only two guns you need to cover everything.

The Redwolf is to Ferrari what the Impact is to Mustang, they both do their own thing beautifully, but just in different ways.

So to answer your question no this is absolutely not the end of the RW platform.

Well isn't that a flattering comparison for Daystate. BIG surprise from you Mark. :)

Yes, sadly the Impact will never be as pretty as a Redwolf!

Yes, sadly the Impact will never be as pretty as a Redwolf!

Oh didnt realize the comparison is looks only, fair enough. I personally think that red is pretty gawdy but that's just me.

I like the blue and that safari model. Great guns I'm sure, if I owned one I'm sure I'd love it.

I too have a RAW and love it. But I just bought a new FX Crown .177 for FT. It is lighter, and has unlimited tuning capabilities all of them on the outside of the gun. Further, you can change barrel linings with faster twists for specific pellets for $100. And make it any other caliber with a barrel change. Competition is good! Gives us lots of options and keeps all competitors from getting complacent........good for us.

I have the RW HP and an Impact X, they both have their place for me but the RW is somewhat boring to shoot. Always hitting what you aim at can get old. LOL

All kidding aside, I do think the tinker folk dont care for the RW because there isn't much to tinker with. Impact you take a shot, twist a knob take another shot adjust a reg etc. I have done nothing to my RW so far and it just keeps performing. I do love both rifles. 

A combination between the new Redwolf Safari and the tricked out Impact MKII definitely has people jumping ship. However, much more are going to the MKII (IMHO) just look at all the big wigs sporting their new Impacts.

Perhaps I'll add an MKII to my collection.... it'll be after EBR before I make another purchase. Right now I need to practice, practice, practice, with my RW. I gotta be in fighting shape in AZ come October!

--Carl 🐾

Never did understand ( Outside of being trendy ) why the red wolf needed side lever cocking ? When in reality all the side lever does is open-close the loading port. There is NO cocking happening and no need for the increased leverage to compress a hammer spring.

For years now the AIRWOLF had been Daystates flagship that also was electronic, so in mechanics/electronics very very similar w/o Side lever cocking.

If there was fault to the Airwolf, it would be the shrouded pencil barrel used ... easy update to make w/o making a whole new gun.

Sell em the bling and folks appear more than willing to lay down BIG MONEY for a Redwolf or Impact ..... Interesting times in the high end PCP market.

Just sharing thoughts

Scott S

Reactions: cavedweller
. If RAW would make a rifle with the adjustability of the impact I’d sell my soul and get that. 

Matt

This is a joke right?

The RAW is far easier to tune, modify and customise, better suited to run sub 12fpe more capable at running at high power and far more pleasant to look at. I have modified RAWs turning them into everything from a 6fpe .177 pistol with a 100cc bottle giving 170 regulated shots per charge. A 27” l bullpup all the way up to a 165fpe .357 long rifle with every possible calibre, stock, bottle, tube, shroud and moderator configuration there is. Just look at the amount of RAWs, steyr, daystate and Airarms in competitions like ft, hft and bench rest, now compare that to the amount of fx impacts in the same competitions.

Don’t get me wrong, the impact is a great gun but just look how many threads there are about problems, creeping regs, erratic first shots, c3 bumper failure, leaks not to mention pellet probes ejecting themselves out of the back of the gun( to be fair, the RAW is not perfect either).

The single biggest advantage that the fx range of rifles have is the barrel liner system, are these more accurate that a normal rifled barrel, probably not but they are easier make so the ability to change twist rates, depth of rifling and length of choke can be done very cost effectively and so new improved barrels to suit different projectiles can quickly find there way to us, the user.

The rise in popularity of the impact is partly due the the guns effectiveness and the fact that it can have a longer barrel but still be reasonably compact but I would suspect more to do with the sponsorship of YouTubers and top competitive shooters in competitions that particularly favour the fast firing impact.

for what it’s worth, I have an impact on order so in a way I have fallen for the same hype as many others but would I swap a RAW for an impact? Not a chance!

To the op, personally, I am not a fan of the redwolf, I don’t like the looks or the electronics but I would bet it is as good as and as accurate as anything else currently available.

Bb