Shooters In New Jersey

There used to be a lot of air gun activity in NJ. We shot FT at Delran and Old Bridge but those matches are no more. One of the issues is that many out of state guys are not interested in coming to NJ because of the laws. There is still some airgun activity and lots of guys n Nj shoot airguns. You can even hunt with them in NJ. Square Circle Sportsmen in Gibbsboro runs a Monday night silhouette match for members. I don't go to NJ anymore because there are no matches. We get a lot of NJ guys at our matches at Falls twsp. which is right across the river from Trenton, NJ. We have a field Target match this sunday if you are interested. Details are posted on this forum.

Rick B

Philly area here, but there's Jersey residents around. Not everyone checks the boards regularly- but I've run into a bunch. Never hurts to know who is in your neighborhood! 

What kinda shooting and gear you got going on over there?

I’m up in Northwest NJ, Sussex county. Nice to see at least a few of us. Shooting in New Jersey can be a pain in the neck, unless you have land to shoot on your property. I have 2 Daystate Safaris, an FX Boss, a Wildcat and an old Airwolf. I spend most of my time shooting long distance. It’s a challenge with an Airgun to keep stretching them out. 

Keep in mind that an airgun in N.J. is considered a full blown firearm and has to comply with the laws thereof. You can get into some soup if you bring an air gun into the state and are not fully following the states law. If I remember correctly, you can go to a sanctioned match if you come from out of state and have what is known as a squatting ticket (I think that is what it is known as) for that match, BUT, if a police officer is not full up on the laws and subtleties you may get arrested and the details sorted out later.

I lived there for 25 years and was very careful when transporting any firearm to and fro.