• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoebox stops filling after 2500 PSI?

AGN --=--

I have had a Shoebox for many years, F-10 upgraded from F-8, and of late have had some issues with leakage. Got the leaks fixed and reassembled, but now it will fill my whip up to the Great White tank in about 90 seconds, stopping at 2500 PSI, without opening up the tank valve. I can stop the compressor and the gauge remains at 2500 PSI without dropping pressure showing leakage, yet will NOT fill any further no matter how long it runs.

I have adjusted the pistons to the check valves per the You Tube Vid by Shoebox, so that part is correct. I thought that perhaps the check valves weren't working but if that were the case then why does it pump to 2500 PSI and stop? The gauge is good as it registers 250 BAR when filling.

Any ideas to fix my Shoebox please??

mike

If I remember correctly there are 2 small orings in vent assembly #37 . It's the inner one gets cut if the vent is turned in to far.
Exploded_View_2014_lrg.1638137857.jpg

Impact701 --=--

While contemplating over the first offering, I was wondering how it could maintain pressure if there were air getting past the inner O-Ring of the vent? I watched the tank gauge for a full 5 minutes without any movement, so assume there is no leakage?

I just replaced all of the cylinder O-Rings yesterday as well, but maybe one was ripped even though they are brand new. I'll check them as well but am wondering where the 'extra' air would vent as I cannot hear any, nor does the gauge prove any loss? Perhaps there is some debris in the small cylinder not allowing it to pump up?

I thank you for the suggestions and if you come up with more, please continue throwing them out there for me to check.

mike

Impact701 --=--

So, I tore apart the Shoebox again and went through the suggested areas. Everything checked out pretty well. New O-Rings as indicated. I then thought that perhaps the small check valve was stuck, so I took that apart as well. There was a bit of crud on the air fitting attached to the cylinder at the end where the spring touches it, so I cleaned it off, checked the O-Ring there and reassembled.

Cranked it back up and it now works! Not certain which area was the culprit as I did everything at once, but it seems okay now. Topped-off 2 large tanks from 3600 to 4300 in just over an hour. I'm guessing that it was the small check valve stuck as that was the only spot that had crud on it? It looked somewhat corroded, yet I have a water and particulate filter installed upstream on the incoming shop compressor air.

I deeply appreciate the help and picture especially.

mike

I have a Shoebox 4500 that is leaking. I don’t have a manual or parts. Does anyone know where I could get it repaired or find parts/instructions?
AGN --=--

I have had a Shoebox for many years, F-10 upgraded from F-8, and of late have had some issues with leakage. Got the leaks fixed and reassembled, but now it will fill my whip up to the Great White tank in about 90 seconds, stopping at 2500 PSI, without opening up the tank valve. I can stop the compressor and the gauge remains at 2500 PSI without dropping pressure showing leakage, yet will NOT fill any further no matter how long it runs.

I have adjusted the pistons to the check valves per the You Tube Vid by Shoebox, so that part is correct. I thought that perhaps the check valves weren't working but if that were the case then why does it pump to 2500 PSI and stop? The gauge is good as it registers 250 BAR when filling.

Any ideas to fix my Shoebox please??

mike