• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoebox F10 users

I am trying to resolve a leak that does not allow the compressor to bring up a tank beyond a little over 3000 psi. I have thoroughly cleaned the cylinders and replaced all the o rings. I have reset the pistons making sure they are the right depth. Two questions for anyone familiar with these machines. First, when reconnecting the high pressure line to the left side of the cylinder is there only a rigid black washer or also a white o-ring? Second, on the right linkage I have noticed wear in the bushing that creates some slop in the right to left movement of the block that secures the pistons, wondering if that could have an effect on the pressure as it does not allow for the pistons to move firmly in place? If so, it looks like I would have to get someone to machine one for me.

Thanks for any help,

Dana

Aloha Dana,

here’s what I could find in my desk drawer for my shoebox F10.
56237B0A-FE97-47A5-A175-B66933D8B878.1622238133.jpeg
28188298-53C0-4CF0-8F7A-28E86F45A4FE.1622238134.jpeg
EF91DC20-D3D1-48E8-B7EE-A1E54BAB7D0E.1622238137.jpeg

I think you will have to check the piston stage 2 & 3 bushings for play, I know it’s supposed to be lubed with white lithium grease and the felt with silicone oil. Hope this helps.

Aloha,

Keone

My early model did the same thing, and turns out the sealing surface for the check valves was corroded. Wouldn't offer a smooth surface for the oring to seal against. 

I made a little tool with some sandpaper on the end to resurface that sealing surface. 

Something to check if you have it apart again. 

And also, get out the soapy water and soak it down. Even a tiny leak on the second stage can really limit output pressure and speed.