• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoebox F10 setup?

I use a six-gallon Craftsman pancake compressor with mine, and it only cycles on about every 10 minutes or so. Water separation is easier, and cheaper, at the 100 psi stage, if you don't already have a high-pressure water separator. My Craftsman is an oil-less compressor, so no need to remove oil from the air. Very happy with my F10 so far.

James

Over the years I owned a Shoebox Max and an F8. F8's and F10's are very quiet running, wheras the Max was loud due to the manual clackity-clack sounding shutoff. If you value your peace and quiet, match up the quiet F10 with a low deciibel output first stage compressor. All of the pancake compressors are LOUD and will make you jump when they restart every time they cycle on. IThe Husky won't cycle often although it probably will be loud running and will take up a large amount of space. I highly recommend any of the California Air Tools compressors, or the Harbor Freight Fortress Ultra Quiet series compressors, or the Rolair JC-10. Why pair up a quiet Shoebox with an annoying loud first stage compressor? Altaros boosters require a much higher output capacity first stage compressor because it also must power the Altaros. A Shoebox uses the air from the first stage compressor sparingly and with 100% efficiency, so first stage compressor output capacity isn't as critical as quiet running. If you can get a quiet running first stage compressor which provides 125 psi or more you are good to go. The longevity of quiet compressors is superior to the noisier pancake compressors. I had a Porter Cable pancake compressor at first and got rid of it because of its 96 decibel noise level.

The higher the psi in your first stage compressor the better off you are as more moisture will drop out before getting to the shoebox or your moisture removal system. 

My dewalt holds 200psi in the tank before it gets regulated heading towards the shoebox and the moisture difference seems tremendous compared to say a 125psi or 135psi compressors. 

But as always go with what ones budget allows.

😀

Like Humdinger, I also recommend one of the quieter compressors. I have the Harbor Freight Fortress 2 gallon ultra quiet. So far it works perfectly- very fast, very quiet and doesn't leak. It goes on sale for $149 from time to time but is normally just $169. Home Depot also has the Husky 4.5 gallon silent air compressor that would work well and Lowes has the Kobalt Quiet Tech 4.3 gallon. These are $199 and $209 respectively. The CAT compressors are nice as well, just usually a little more $ for similar specs.