Shoebox F10 help ....

Wore out all my china compressors & been back to using the once trusty SHOEBOX F10
It stopped pumping last week so figured time for a rebuild of pistons.

new 90d buna check valve o-rings both cylinders, 2 each 90d poly on each pump rod .... What the heck !!!
It only SLOWLY makes @ 2100 psi and just stops pumping any higher.

Pump rods adjusted to stop against the check valves w/o opening them by contact.

No audible air leaks or bubbles from soapy water at all fittings etc ...

What am i missing ???

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Shoebox Customer,

We are now out of business due to Chinese competition. Unfortunately we can no longer answer technical support questions. There are many people on the airgun forums that are knowledgable about the Shoebox so we suggest you try there.

We will no longer be selling parts but if you need something you can try the following sources:

TheOringStore.com has the CAST URETHANE orings. The sizes are below.

McMaster Carr (mcmaster.com) has bushings, air lines, fittings, hardened piston rods, felts and tooth belts.

AirTanksForSale.com has burst disks and hoses.

Grainger.com has motors.

We do not have large custom items like cylinders or air blocks any more. We suggest you buy a used unit if you want spares of those parts.

Thank you for the many years of being great customers,

Tom and Carol

ORINGS

1/8" white lower cylinder Cast Urethane 90 dur size 006

1/4" White upper cylinder Cast Urethane 90 dur size 010

3/4"OD black outer cylinder Viton 70 dur size 016

1/8" Black, lower back check Viton 90 dur size 006

1/4" black, upper back check Viton 90 dur size 010

Reactions: Hangtown-Shooter
Think I bought one of the first Shoebox Compressors (chain drive) and over the yrs.have fixed many leaks. The
burst disk was the hardest to detect, it was leaking from the threads, that may or may not be your problem.
I also found the easiest way to work on the Air block is to remove the top air inlet fitting, top two screws, bottom two screws, slide block to the right oon the piston rods to remove chain or belt, than slide it off the rods. Very easy to do the maintenance requirements.
Hope you find problem

Think I bought one of the first Shoebox Compressors (chain drive) and over the yrs.have fixed many leaks. The
burst disk was the hardest to detect, it was leaking from the threads, that may or may not be your problem.
I also found the easiest way to work on the Air block is to remove the top air inlet fitting, top two screws, bottom two screws, slide block to the right oon the piston rods to remove chain or belt, than slide it off the rods. Very easy to do the maintenance requirements.
Hope you find problem
Forgot, also have to remove control arm.

Wore out all my china compressors & been back to using the once trusty SHOEBOX F10
It stopped pumping last week so figured time for a rebuild of pistons.

new 90d buna check valve o-rings both cylinders, 2 each 90d poly on each pump rod .... What the heck !!!
It only SLOWLY makes @ 2100 psi and just stops pumping any higher.

Pump rods adjusted to stop against the check valves w/o opening them by contact.

No audible air leaks or bubbles from soapy water at all fittings etc ...

What am i missing ???

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds familiar. My F10 quit building pressure, and still wouldn't after replacing all the orings.

@Revoman bought it with full disclosure as a parts donor. He was able to get'r running again though. Hopefully he'll be along to maybe offer suggestions. If not, shoot him a PM.

Reactions: Motorhead
Scott!
I had that very issue about a year or so ago.
I asked in a thread just like this one (I searched for that thread, but cannot find it), what may be the issue. In that thread someone stated that it is the small piston that takes the Box to higher pressure, so I focused on that.
I had replaced all O-Rings on the pistons and check valves as you have done. I simply redid that very thing, yet made certain that it was as clean as it could be by using acetone inside the cylinders before rebuild. Swabbed out the little piston sleeves with pipe cleaners and Q-Tips. I made sure that the piston rods were timed with the check valves by NOT touching them, just a smidge from touching.
The machine liked it after that and has been running fine since.
I also had a burst disc blowout, but that was audible enough to hear, so replaced that without issue ( I drilled a hole in the back of the metal box to access without taking it apart, MUCH easier).
Sometimes there is something very minorly wrong in the reassembly that hoses the entire machine, just take your time, make sure that everything is beyond clean and that the pistons are timed with the check valves as described on Tom's YouTube video.
If you can't get it running, PM me and I'll do my best to analyze your information Scott.
PS: Found that thread....https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/shoebox-stops-filling-after-2500-psi.1136776/#post-1303283
It was some debris on the small check valve that 'seemed' to be the fix?

mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorhead