• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoebox compressor parts

Since the man is impartial to keeping spares for the future and caring for his ex customers, then why does'nt someone reverse ingeneer the thing and put the data into public domain?

When one guy needs pistons he'll get 25 or more made up and sell of what he does'nt need.

And so forth.

Nearly everything in this world is money driven and if demand is high enough then supply will be there.

if we could get 50 sales he might do a run of 100 new ones, anyone with some pull to get it done

But at what price?

The original over $1000 or the "i'm dying sale" $500?

The later was the "clean shed"/bye bye price.

But i'm sure he'll be happy with someone doing all the footwork and then paying him royalties. So do go on, but i fear you're
1596219086_8257907395f245ece8f8508.28146178.gif

Reactions: tibor
And Elvis has left the building!

Ask the man to his face what the price is for the blueprints?

He might just do it for royalties alone?

If not then take an unused Shoebox and reverse ingeneer it, not rocket surgery.

H€ll, make a copy with enough changes and call it new model then put it into production.

If the original inventor didnt make it work, then why should a copy brand not make it, right?

The Model T and A are still running only due to copied spares.

Very sad.

On the oter side, it's a kind of a bad service not to give the parts dimensions or alternative sources,

I don't understand why Tom has to give you support when has retired and closed his business?

I don't know any business that has shut down and still provides support.

Tom was always there for me when I had questions about my Shoebox. I wouldn't ever expect him to keep giving support and service when he just wants to move on.

I doubt he would give up his blueprints for others to copy just to see some Chinese company profiting from his design.

Just my 2 cents.

Very sad.

On the oter side, it's a kind of a bad service not to give the parts dimensions or alternative sources,

I don't understand why Tom has to give you support when has retired and closed his business?

I don't know any business that has shut down and still provides support.

Tom was always there for me when I had questions about my Shoebox. I wouldn't ever expect him to keep giving support and service when he just wants to move on.

I doubt he would give up his blueprints for others to copy just to see some Chinese company profiting from his design.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm with you B.Guns. Tom doesn't owe us anything, he provided a great product to fill a void and a lot of people decided to buy cheap imported compressors, even after he lowered his price 60%, he still wasn't able to keep afloat. I own an F10, and the quality is fantastic. If it dies and I can't fix it, I'll move on to something different. But like I said, I feel he doesn't owe us anything, he worked hard and got beat out by cheap competition.

"I have one that suddenly started leaking air out of a vent hole."
Sounds like blown burst disc. You can buy them on Amazon
The fix is quite easy if you drill a 1" hole through the back of the red sheet metal case at the burst disc location. That way you don't need to remove all of the guts associated with the aluminum 'tower' where the air is venting currently.
If it's not the burst disc, then it's likely a small O-Ring on the bleeder valve. Then you will need to remove the aluminum 'tower' and pull the small flat plate off to access.
mike

We’re you able to find parts for your Shoebox?
I have one that suddenly started leaking air out of a vent hole.
I’m from Greenville, SC.
What part of SC are you from?
I have found someone that repaired mine and has spare parts if you need:
Zack Lett
OCO Labs
1708 South Wolf Rd
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
(847) 347-1546
(847) 459-4629

I lived in Travelers Rest until I relocated to Franklin, NC in 2020.
Good luck!!

I had contacted OCO Labs for a few repair parts, hardened piston rods to be exact. Zach shipped them but they were NOT for an original Shoebox, they were for the CO2 pump that they now make. The pistons are much shorter. Zack is very congenial and I was able to ship them back for a refund.
So, yes they have SIME parts that are interchangeable, but not all for the Shoebox.
Shoebox -- I'm curious as to what was repaired at OCO Labs?

mike

The fix is quite easy if you drill a 1" hole through the back of the red sheet metal case at the burst disc location. That way you don't need to remove all of the guts associated with the aluminum 'tower' where the air is venting currently.
If it's not the burst disc, then it's likely a small O-Ring on the bleeder valve. Then you will need to remove the aluminum 'tower' and pull the small flat plate off to access.
mike
mike
Sorry, late to the game. I just joined. I too had that leak from vent hole. Was not the burst disc. It was the deteriorating oring right in front of the bleed screw. But you have to take the main block out of the case to get to it. It’s under a small removable cover plate held down with 2 screws. There are 3 orings 2 ball bearings and a even smaller ring. All rings should be replaced since your already in there. The oring size is the same as the oring on a check valve in a fill nipple, the smaller one was fine and I didn’t have that size so it was left alone.