• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoebox compresser

Within a year Crosman will have a very affordable roughly $600 HPA compressor available. Lots of extra parts, right here in NY State, USA I bought the 1st Shoebox and put a huge floor fan blowing on it while running. I'm sure any engineer knew the "1st"model needed a cooling system. So, if Crosmans does NOT have a big, (not small computer drive fan) fan on it or pump & water in a 5 gallon bucket, mod it, and it will last. My shoebox lasted. I sold it though as I say many other options it could have had the first time. You do what you want though. It's a good product. I just don't like when any product is released in a line up with "new& improved" features that they knew it needed all along.

Oh edit: So, now the freedom 11 with belt drive, hardened pistons & rods, fan, all bells & whistles has had to come down to under Chinese prices? Your choice. Tom will give you personal service and rebuild if ever a problem. If the Freedom 11 is $500, I might even buy one but I'd want it stripped of a fan I'm not going to use or pay for and add a floor fan with some real cooling power running over it. I'm waiting. 

I have a friend that bought the Freedom 10 this spring. He has it mounted on a bench next to his 30-gal Craftsman oil-less compressor. We mounted a small filter/water seperator between the shop compressor and Shoebox with a couple quick disconnects. So far it has worked flawlessly. Between the two of us we have filled around 25-30 times from around 2,500 to 4,500psi each time. Takes about anywhere from 60-90 minutes depending on how low the bottle is. We have the regulator on the shop compressor set at 125psi feeding the Shoebox. The shop compressor kicks on about 2-4 times during the filling process depending on where the shop compressor tank pressure is when we begin. The shop compressor kicking on is by far the noisiest part of this system, the Shoebox is sooooo quiet. We can stand by it and have a normal conversation without yelling. At some point we might mount a water separator between the Shoebox and tank but we live in a very dry climate so the air is usually dry as hell. We've opened the bleeder on the Shoebox occasionally while filling and no water vapor appears to be present. I now that's not the best way to check for that but we've seen evidence of moisture in the guns so far. 

James everything is updated look at automobiles the public is the true testers of the product. I have the money and was waiting patiently to buy ether i was going to buy the nomad but it seems to have had a few bad reviews its new just like the crossman compressor to come out it takes a few years to get the bugs out and make all the improvements that they need. I still pump with a hill 4

I wish my experience with Shoebox was better. I've had mine for less than two years and have had four failures. 1st was a blown/melted fuse - Shoebox was great & took care of me for the parts. 2nd was failed upper cylinder o-rings. Not a big deal to replace as the unit comes with spares. 3rd was a failed crank arm. This time I had to buy the part but it was not too expensive. Last failure was the upper cylinder (again) and new orings would not correct the issue.

I gave up an bought the new AV compressor.