shoebox 10 questions

Tom says saturate the felt pads thats a real broad statement to me it means apply slowly to the top of the pad till it drips off the bottom ? also you no longer need lithium grease the silicone oil takes care of it. When you have a tank with 3000 psi and you want to refill to 4500 psi. After everything is connected you open the tank slowly till the hose presurizes or do you start the shoebox and then crack the valve slowly ?

First, start the compressor and watch the gauge rise as the pressure builds in the hose. When the pressure builds to close to the tank pressure, then slowly open the valve on the tank. The object of this is so that the compressor doesn't start under the load of the tank pressure. Starting the compressor under high pressure can be hard on pistons and seals and the drive belt and also high amperage load on the motor. Let the compressor start under no load and let the pressure build slowly. That's the idea.

Don't over saturate the felt pad. This is a common (ask me how I know) mistake. 2 or3 drops to start should be plenty. Definitely not dripping out the bottom. Another drop or two every 5-7 hours of run time. 

The while lithium grease isn't for the pads. Apply a very small (no white showing on the piston) amount on each piston right where it inters the black (don't know what that is, but you'll see it) thing. Ha, black thing. How's that for clarity!! 

my shoebox took 8 hrs to fill a 65cu ft tank from 0 to it looked like 4200 psi its kind of small to see but the machine shut itself off. Does this sound about right? this is the first time i have used it

I own one as well.. f10..and surprised how noisy it is with the cal air compressor..I did research..but hands on ..its slow..1hour 30 minutes to fill a small guppy 18 cu ft from zero..

its slow but the yong heng seams like a lot of trouble to operate with the water and keeping an eye on the temp the standalone were to pricey i shoot but not that much but i will say once i filled my tank and used it to fill the wildcat i will shoot more thats pretty nice to fill your gun that beets pumping for sure.

I have an F10 as well. It takes roughly 90 minutes to top off my Joe B. Tigershark tank from 3000 psi to a full 4500 psi. The shoebox itself is about as noisy as a washing machine on spin. Not bad at all as I run mine in the basement. I used to hover over it while running, now I trust it and let it run (but I am always in the house just in case).

I could not be happier with how this compressor has worked out. :)

Bibbobbybeef, what intake pressure from the shop compressor are you feeding into the Shoebox? Should be right up there between 120 and 125psi. If it's too low, the fill times will be longer. Now that you've got your tank filled, I'd be curious how long it takes to go from 3000psi back up to 4500psi. For your 65cu fot tank, I'd think it would be about 65 - 70 minutes of so. 

Chas

I have my shop compressor at 125 psi its a big compressor it goes to 150 psi but it does not kickback on untill it hits 100 psi. That could be why it took a little longer than expected. I didnt like those allens to take the cover off so i bought some thumb screws and an hour meter off ebay and wired it up today and made an enclosure for the hour meter to upgrades for $24 .
1550797478_6528695905c6f4aa6660889.65539437_screws.jpg
1550797493_623046255c6f4ab580bec7.51849277_hour meter.jpg