Shipping Insurance

Then why does everybody attempt to conceal what is in the package?
Hoping to prevent theft. I have an 11 day missing D75 shipped to me USPS. Their tracking system is an absolute joke. It's pretty much a fake, the daily updates are a pre packaged lie. I have used them, UPS, and Fed Ex. I have only had problems when the USPS is involved. But the Congress and Senate just keep giving them raise. And the idiots voting keep re electing the same jokers over and over.

Reactions: SHOMER
NO clue at all. Lazy/conveyance ? Most "shipping stores" (like a Fedex in a grocery store) wont ship them (STORE) policy but the main branch will ship them. Same with UPS, USPS it is illegal to ship pistols but not rifles.
I have had to file 2 insurance claims. Both paid off in 6 months and man oh man they WANTED PROOF. Pictures, ss number, where (for how much) a replacement could be obtained ... but they paid. Any little fib and I am fairly certain I would have just been out the money.

John

In the current climate of gun = evil, it's best if nobody KNOWS there's a gun in there.

They can suspect all they want, based on size and shape. But it truly could be golf clubs or two baseball bats or etc etc etc.

Telling them it's 100% a gun, or labeling it as such, is asking for some gun-hater to stomp on it or throw it or bounce it down some stairs.

With insurance you're simply stating the value of the package, not making a claim about what's inside.

"Sporting goods" isn't a lie. There are golf clubs that cost more than our airguns, and would be shipped in a long cardboard box. Sporting goods is an appropriate descriptor and would apply to golf clubs, or airguns. Makes sense that somebody would insure expensive golf clubs, same as an expensive airgun.

Package it good enough to get there safely and don't rely on insurance to bail you out. As for getting "lost" and needing insurance then, I'm of the opinion that a package labeled "sporting goods" is more likely to get to its new home than anything saying "gun".

Reactions: TRIPP and kayaker
Many FedEx and UPS locations are franchises. The franchisees can make up their own rules and many refuse to ship guns or anything resembling guns. This is the reason people mask the contents.

I used FedEx for many many years shipping air guns and PB's. Now I use pirate ship. The key is to print your own shipping label, including full insurance and drop it off and make sure you get a receipt for the drop off. No questions asked. USPS sucks for tracking and quit using them many years ago for this reason

Hoping to prevent theft. I have an 11 day missing D75 shipped to me USPS. Their tracking system is an absolute joke. It's pretty much a fake, the daily updates are a pre packaged lie. I have used them, UPS, and Fed Ex. I have only had problems when the USPS is involved. But the Congress and Senate just keep giving them raise. And the idiots voting keep re electing the same jokers over and over.

For me, it's because of the uneducated "clerks" working at some shipping sites. They see the word "gun" & they tell you that it can't be shipped but the law refers to FIREARMS, not airguns. In their minds a gun is a gun & a no-no. I mainly do it to avoid those hassles.

Pirate Ship fanboy but can't fudge anything going through Customs. Warranty return to Netherlands required numerical code matching contents for Customs as part of Pirate Ship process. WM
I always ship USPS. Very reliable for me, including tracking info.
Shipped well over 100 AG's over the decades. Never been asked what's inside. I include insurance, IF the customer requests it. And again, all they ask me is "how much $ Ins."
It seems so random on this, and other forums, how all the big three shipping organizations are either good or bad, in different areas of the country.
I have the worst luck with FedEx, here in the North East. 🤷‍♂️

For me, it's because of the uneducated "clerks" working at some shipping sites. They see the word "gun" & they tell you that it can't be shipped but the law refers to FIREARMS, not airguns. In their minds a gun is a gun & a no-no. I mainly do it to avoid those hassles.
Actually I don't know what was quoted as being shipped as it is coming to me from another individual.

Actually I don't know what was quoted as being shipped as it is coming to me from another individual.
All this time I thought you were the shipper not the shippee. It could come labeled as a squirrel or rabbit feeder (long as it doesn't specify they're being fed LEAD! 😉 :ROFLMAO:)

Many FedEx and UPS locations are franchises. The franchisees can make up their own rules and many refuse to ship guns or anything resembling guns. This is the reason people mask the contents.

I used FedEx for many many years shipping air guns and PB's. Now I use pirate ship. The key is to print your own shipping label, including full insurance and drop it off and make sure you get a receipt for the drop off. No questions asked. USPS sucks for tracking and quit using them many years ago for this reason
I suppose that some UPS franchise store owners might "make up" some rules, but they are subject to the restrictions of their franchise agreement, and that is the source of most of their rules. The UPS agreement specifically lists air guns as a restricted item, and they have to go through a company location.