• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shipping Airguns

Shipping to and from a foreign country is a whole different thing. You have to be careful what you put on the customs form. You may get away with "sporting goods" or "steel parts" or you may not. I have had knives sent to me from Canada that were called camping tools. Two made it OK. One was sent back.

BTW, I once had a lady at the post office tell me that I needed to fill out a customs form to send a package to New Mexico. True story. 

Well..

I would recommend staying away from USPS. Shipped a compound bow from CA to Germany. Called USPS to verify it was OK to send. Person on phone said “Yep..no problem” Took it to the USPS office. I didn’t want any issues so I ask the nice lady behind the counter if it was OK to send. She said let me check the regs..”Yep..no problem”. Paid the postage and off the bow went. Got the tracking so I’d know when it was received. A week goes by and the buyer emails. WTF. No bow Really POd. Tracking says delivered. WTF. Call USPS. Yep. Delivered..to my address. WTF. Package marked with red tape. USPS marked “contains weapon illegal to ship”. Guess there’s some exit procedures when shipping overseas. Some numbnut in the USPS decided to interpret the regs that a bow is a gun is a weapon. Did not get a refund either LOL. The great irony. The bow was made in Germany and shipped directly via..drum roll..USPS to me.

Shipped the bow via DHL. You guessed it...Yep no problem..buyer was happy..

I can’t recommend using USPS for anything of value..especially for international shipments.

Yes, sometimes USPS screws up badly. Usually it's because of some numbskull. I mailed a money order to a gun shop in Utah. It came back to me marked Undeliverable. Bad address. I checked google street view and there was a picture of the building with the huge name and number visible from the HWY. 

It's like the 1000 attaboys that get canceled by one aws**t. 

I've long ago taken to shipping long-arms broken down, with action and stock separately wrapped and padded. This gets it into a box that doesn't scream 'RIFLE' due to it's length. Plus, it saves you money on an oversize package surcharge at USPS. Less danger of damage also, from the impacts leveraging wood against metal when they're slinging things around. 

Personally, the only time I was stalled was when a new clerk had to check with a supervisor. He just asked if it was a rifle, and not a handgun.

When I affirmed, he told he it was perfectly fine to continue.