Shipping airguns.

So far I have had no problem shipping airguns.

They don't ask and I don't tell unless legally required to say.

The main problem I have had is with FedEx delivering actual firearms. Twice, they have actually delivered handguns to the wrong address. Both times I was lucky in that the recipients knew me and brought the gun to me. This happened twice and with 2 different people having the gun delivered to them, NOT ME, even though not only was my actual address clearly written (printed) on the package, but MY phone number was also on the package! (heavy sigh)

Anytime I see that shipping is with FedEx, I shudder and cross my fingers.

Reactions: MACTEN
Pirate ship offers the third party insurance when buying the shipping label. So they make it available and you get 100$ insurance free when shipping too.
When purchasing UPS shipping UPS handles any claims, correct? My point was that UPS handles the insurance element so buying through Pirate is the same as buying directly from UPS just with lower prices. The insurance and process of use remains the same.

When purchasing UPS shipping UPS handles any claims, correct? My point was that UPS handles the insurance element so buying through Pirate is the same as buying directly from UPS just with lower prices. The insurance and process of use remains the same.
Only 100$ worth. Another company is the insurer after that.

This seem to be a problem with guys shipping airgun. Do you guys go into the ups/FedEx, usps, shouting I GOT A GUN?!!?!!? Cause I find it hard to believe they have xray vision and can see whats inside. How about the next time you go ship a airgun, don't go yelling you have a gun? Lol. I never have a problem shipping airgun. I use usps, ups, and FedEx. If they ask whats inside, say its goods/toys. They are not gonna open it up to check.

Only 100$ worth. Another company is the insurer after that.
So your package gets lost ... you're telling me you have to contact a third party and not UPS?
I think you know exactly what I've been saying the whole time so please tell us who you have to contact to purchase the insurance past $100 value and who you contact when a package gets lost or damaged past $100 value.

Here are the facts.. UPS includes $100 coverage then you may purchase more from UPS based on declared value.. you are purchasing it from UPS.
UPS contracts a third party to handle their insurance claims but UPS pays the claim.

If you think I'm wrong then link me to the proof.

I am pro-pirateship.com. No hassles regarding what I am shipping. I just drop off the package at the carrier. Regarding insurance;

I did my research before shipping using Pirate Ship. Their 3rd party insurer is Shipsurance, a subsidiary of Assurance Insurance Company. My research also found that based on customer and industry reviews, Shipsurance and other 3rd party insurance companies are less expensive then the carriers, more comprehensive then "declared value," and pay claims more efficiently and quickly.

Using Pirate Ship for shipping seems like a no brainer.

So your package gets lost ... you're telling me you have to contact a third party and not UPS?
I think you know exactly what I've been saying the whole time so please tell us who you have to contact to purchase the insurance past $100 value and who you contact when a package gets lost or damaged past $100 value.

Here are the facts.. UPS includes $100 coverage then you may purchase more from UPS based on declared value.. you are purchasing it from UPS.
UPS contracts a third party to handle their insurance claims but UPS pays the claim.

If you think I'm wrong then link me to the proof.
I'm just going by what I read when buying insurance for a package I just sent today. Read it for yourself. The extra insurance is not through ups. https://support.pirateship.com/en/articles/1068431-does-pirate-ship-offer-insurance

I have learned that now but UPS has always sold insurance themselves also. I'm new to Pirate shipping but I really like it. It's nice to have choices so I'll use what Pirate offers from here out.
Take your time and do your research before spewing incorrect information. You came off as a jerk only to be corrected.

Take your time and do your research before spewing incorrect information. You came off as a jerk only to be corrected.
No, we were both right and wrong. You'd understand that if you read through it again. I was wrong when I said Pirate doesn't sell a separate insurance and you were wrong when you said UPS doesn't have their own insurance, so don't be a jerk yourself. At least I can admit my mistakes so grow a pair.

No, we were both right and wrong. You'd understand that if you read through it again. I was wrong when I said Pirate doesn't sell a separate insurance and you were wrong when you said UPS doesn't have their own insurance, so don't be a jerk yourself. At least I can admit my mistakes so grow a pair.
Well obviously you didnt read what I typed. Ups insures 100$ after that it go to third party. As to growing a pair... sounds like you're either a grumpy male Karen or just a young asshat that cant be wrong and spreads misinformation and has a low comprehension level.

Well obviously you didnt read what I typed. Ups insures 100$ after that it go to third party. As to growing a pair... sounds like you're either a grumpy male Karen or just a young asshat that cant be wrong and spreads misinformation and has a low comprehension level.
Show me where ups uses a third party. From my research ups is self insured and you buy the insurance from them past $100 value. They do contract a third party to handle claims as do most self insured entities. You're the only angry one here. To me it's just a conversation with the opportunity to teach or learn.

UN and many countries agreed at Beijing many years ago to promote to change reality for perception in order to drecrease population. So relativism took preponderance above objectivity.

A person at the shipping UPS delivery shop or any other that "perceives" his nature is one of a squirrel can deeply be convinced that a sling shot is a lethal weapon. No matter what law says.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut
Show me where ups uses a third party. From my research ups is self insured and you buy the insurance from them past $100 value. They do contract a third party to handle claims as do most self insured entities. You're the only angry one here. To me it's just a conversation with the opportunity to teach or learn.
I did show you in post 72. Follow the link and read. This is from pirate ship.com . That's what we are talking about...

I did show you in post 72. Follow the link and read. This is from pirate ship.com . That's what we are talking about...
No no, UPS sells it's own insurance but you can purchase a different product from someone else. If you ship an item via UPS with $5000 declared value you can purchase the extra $4900 from UPS or a third party but most people purchase the extra insurance through UPS. You said UPS will only covers $100 and any extra must be purchased through a third party.

No no, UPS sells it's own insurance but you can purchase a different product from someone else. If you ship an item via UPS with $5000 declared value you can purchase the extra $4900 from UPS or a third party but most people purchase the extra insurance through UPS. You said UPS will only covers $100 and any extra must be purchased through a third party.
If you use pirate ship. The subject of our conversation. Not ups in general that's not what our conversation was about. You're stretching this to some how not be wrong. I'm done working on educating you on this. With your responses it's easy to guess your political affiliation.